- Exciting opportunity to join the IT division of a global biopharmaceutical company that has been in Singapore for more than 25 years and in Asia Pacific for over 60 years.
- Based in Singapore, the regional hub for Asia Pacific (AP) and named one of the Best Companies to Work for in 2020 by Straits Times Best Employers 2021
- Work closely with global IT teams and business partners to drive IT strategies and enjoy a reward that technology careers don’t often bring, the satisfaction of contributing to saving and improving lives
- Travel opportunities: This role entails 25% of annual travel to Japan and China.
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
We are seeking forward-thinking professionals to join our Manufacturing IT Operations organization. As part of that team, you will help launch our new Manufacturing IT Operating Model focused on aligning IT support to meet business objectives and enable our manufacturing sites to increase production of critical pharmaceutical products for our patients around the world.
What you will do
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
- Support for demand management- planning, implementation and deployment of network related projects derived from business and IT initiatives
- Assess network related requirements to meet site business driven investment projects & partner with Corporate Network Services team to deliver requirements
- Assess business impact of firmware upgrades and device replacements so that there is no disruption to the business
- Troubleshoot and partner with corporate Network Services team to resolve incidents related to LAN, WAN, Wireless, Firewalls and DNS
- Manage VLANs and support provisioning of new equipment on them
- Network performance monitoring to ensure network capacity
- Device monitoring to proactively identify and resolve issues before they disrupt service
- Firewall monitoring to ensure data transmission is not impeded by firewall rules
- Scoping of new firewall rules or change to existing rules when new IT infrastructure is added to the network
- Ensure changes are aligned to business priorities
- Ensure new devices are properly put in production in line with standard processes
What you must have
To be successful in this role you must have:
- MSc Degree or BSc Degree or equivalent with relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience
- Five or more years in providing technical operation support and service delivery in Data Network and Unified Communication areas
- Two or more years of experience as a Tier3 engineer in an Enterprise level NOC
- Two or more years of hands on experience with Cisco Asa and PaloAlto firewalls
- Wide experience with Cisco, F5
- Working with Global Teams and Remote Collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to deliver projects effectively
- Good knowledge of ITIL processes or similar best practices (Eg; Change, Incident, Problem management)
- Proven experience in troubleshooting and fixing complex networking issues.
- Routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- SDN (Cisco ACI), DMVPN
- Perimeter Security such as Cisco ASA, SourceFire, Palo Alto, Pulse Secure
- Monitoring and reporting tools such as ServONE, Glueware, NetBrain
- DNS/DHCP via IPAM tool like QIP
- Scripting and DevOps tools and languages such as Python, GitHub, etc
- Cisco CCNP certification
Other Skills( Preferred)
- Cisco WAAS and QOS
- Experience working in a VLAN environment
- Experience in a GMP regulated industry
- Knowledge of storage hardware, ability to monitor capacity/performance planning, and troubleshoot issues
- ITIL Foundations certification
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- The Cisco CCNA Security certification
- Industry recognized certifications such as CISSP, CCIE, PMP are a very welcome plus
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Competitive remuneration
- Limitless opportunities across various areas in IT; well-structured career path
- You will tackle the biggest challenges in the healthcare industry and information technology
- Innovative and flexible working environment
- Opportunity to learn and enjoy rewarding career that technology companies don’t bring; the satisfaction of saving lives and making an impact!
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
What we look for…
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.