The successful candidate will be working closely with the Technology Enterprise Architect under the Regional Enterprise Architecture team. He/She will liaise closely with other teams to design and implement highly available and resilient systems. He/She will mainly (but not limited to) work on middleware infrastructure and platforms, as well as Operating System alignment with business/application requirements.
He/She must have prior experience in successfully architecting, designing, and implementing hardware, operating systems and middleware to form optimized solutions. He/She will focus on coherent distributed middleware design, including sizing, optimized configuration, considering proper process/program location, as well as linkage with software components and applications.
In addition, he/she is required to work on advanced, complex technology projects. He/She is also expected to work with business issues requiring technology solutions, using emerging technologies to deliver on the business requirement.
- Conceive and maintain a domain model based on relevant business and operational
domains, in alignment with evolving strategies and processes.
- Prepare a reference middleware standard design/configuration that will be used by
individual projects. He/She will assess a proper design and adjust for each project.
- Prepare non-functional testing policy, such as for performance, availability, security,
while reflecting middleware specification/configuration. Based on transaction volume, throughput, and response time from business requirement, draw up tailored scenarios and expected results in alignment with the policy for each project. Identify performance bottlenecks and decide expansion plan before the project goes into release
- When a system change request is raised or system issue caused by
performance/configuration occurs, refer to your curated catalogue for existing settings, access, and subsequently suggest the proper/optimized design and configuration.
- Review regional system resource utilization regularly to identify optimization or cost
reduction opportunities, planning such changes sensibly and in alignment with product lifecycles/roadmaps.
- Devise ideas to implement new common functionality, e.g., ESB, DWH, Big Data
Analysis platforms for regional platform initiative
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years technology experience in Banking and Finance industry.
- Professional Certification such as CCNA, MCP, RHCP, PMP, Certified DBA for Microsoft or IBM or OracleDB are preferred.
- Strong hands-on .Net and Java application development experience.
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure, platforms, and large scale distributed systems architecture along with technologies surrounding them.
- Effective and adaptable communication skills suited to varying audiences.
- Deep understanding of controls in a Banking environment (e.g. MAS TRM, etc).
- Essential specification and behaviour of Web server, Application server, DB server, and methodology of backup, system monitoring, job scheduling.
- Knowledge in depth and breadth spanning across multiple platform classes and disciplines.
- Knowledgeable in networking fundamentals and virtualized systems.
- Analytical and resourceful, able to identify patterns from log data to determine problems and appropriate solutions.
- Experience in middleware design such as major 3rd vender product for Web server, Application server, and DB server.
- Experience in analytics tools such as Kibana, Grafana or PowerBI.
- Experience in performance tuning of middleware platforms such as Message Oriented communication systems, Databases, APIs, Integration or Transaction Processing systems.
- Automation tools experience using Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- Deep technical experience in AD, ADFS, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, GTM, LTM, and other common enterprise infrastructure technologies.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
- Experience in Middleware Layer design and implmentation including investigation, configuration and optimization of the design