The Research Associate will conduct research on Computer Vision, Image Processing, and Multimedia Forensics for security and surveillance applications. The roles of this position include:
- Research into Visual Search and Video Analytics related work, including object detection, person re-identification (reID) & tracking, and search & retrieval.
- Creation of large-scale datasets for research and algorithm evaluation
- Be part of a research team in the execution of funded research projects
- Assist in drafting of proposals for research grants in the above areas
- Masters degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science & Analytics, Mathematics, or related field
- Research experience in Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, Deep Learning, and working with large-scale datasets
- Experience with object detection & segmentation, person re-identification, and domain adaptation & generalisation is essential
- Experience with scripting with game engines (eg. Grand Theft Auto, Unity) and the creation of synthetic datasets would be highly advantageous.
- Proficiency in software such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, OpenCV, and programming languages such as C/C++ and Python, as well as Linux (eg. Ubuntu) is essential.
- Knowledge of GPU computing, CUDA programming, optimization (eg. with TensorRT), and industry experience in engineering software development would be an advantage.
- Good inter-personal skills, with the ability to work with people from varied backgrounds
- Proficient in English
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.