The role will be responsible for building the backend infrastructure and API services of Lesan, our platform. You will ensure the performance and quality of the application, collaborate with a cross-functional team to define and design the application, and be responsible for a scalable infrastructure capable of handling terabytes worth of content that we are processing every month.
Who you are
- Demonstrated 4+ years of experience in back end software development, particularly web applications.
- Deep knowledge in API development with Python (Django/Flask). We are open to other languages, however, in order to move fast, we will prefer that you have deep Python experience.
- Experienced in at least 1 Cloud-based deployment solutions, preferably AWS and Container (Docker/Kubernetes) – huge plus.
- Adaptability, resilience, and being able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced team and you'll need to be able to keep up!
You will be excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Join a leading start-up in the media space and grow along with us.
- Improve your communication skills beyond just technical. We are a social media company. We are vocal, communicative, and widely fun.
- Play a critical role in shaping the product direction for Nas Global, from 0 to 1, as the early engineer.
- Make an impact by helping ideas and knowledge reach communities around the world where many people do not speak English. 'Nas' means 'people.' We, with your help, will impact a lot of people.
- Have the flexibility to perform work at your best. We are a remote-first team of 120 people from 20 countries, and we know how to make remote working work for you.