Here at NCS, data is at the heart of every decision we make. This is why we have a strong team of data experts with the ability to analyse and manipulate large data sets, and apply statistical techniques, models and algorithms to enable us to understand and service our customers in a better way.
Join us as a Data & Analytics intern to expand your horizon while working on future-state projects!
You will have the opportunity to learn
- How to assist with translating of customer pain-points into problem statements, develop analytics solutions, and present results and learnings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- How to document, scope data inputs, clean data, process data, feature engineering, build analytics solution, deploy production, conduct testing, and improve analytics solution by iterations.
- About the building and maintaining of end-to-end data pipelines to bring information from source systems, harmonise and cleanse data to support analytics solutions.
- About data process flow, data definition, analytics solution requirements and specifications during our technical design sessions with cross-functional teams.
- About real time projects across various sectors and participate in the development and delivery of an end-to-end data & analytics solution.
- How to collaborate and connect with technology and management professionals through on-the-job (OJT) training, team events, and more.
- Pursuing a Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering, Information Systems, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Physic, or other related disciplines that possesses an analytical and quantitative component from a reputable institution.
- Possess good communications skills to understand our customers' core business objectives and build end-to-end data centric solutions to address them.
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Basic competency in two or more of the following areas preferred: Data visualization tool (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI); SQL knowledge; Programming or scripting language (e.g. Python, R, Java); Analytical software (e.g. SAS); Distributed architectures (e.g. HDFS, Hive).
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure, Cloudera (or other cloud services).
- Data pipeline and/or database development experience.
- Knowledge of toolkits such as: Docker; VMs; Git; SSH; REST APIs.
- Certification in leading data analytics platforms such as: Tableau; Qlik; Informatica; Talend; Microsoft; SAS; IBM.