This job role is supported by the structured development programme for mid-career professionals under the TechSkills Accelerator (TeSA) initiative, led by Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) in partnership with SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) and Workforce Singapore (WSG).
The programme aims to provide Singaporeans aged 40 and above with a tech-related job while being reskilled or upskilled. Mid-career professionals will have the assurance of being employed in a paid job while attending structured Company-Led Training for in-demand tech skills. They will also gain experience in a tech role to tap into the good careers that the infocomm sector offers.
For more information on the programme, please visit www.imtalent.sg/TeSAMidCareer
Responsibilities should include
Network Engineers generally assist with infrastructure planning, design, operations and maintenance.
- Assist with technical infrastructure performance analysis to identify problems and risks, makes improvement recommendations and supports the implementation of change request or preventive solutions.
- Follows procedures, process and quality standards in delivering his/her tasks.
- Takes appropriate corrective action in response to readily identifiable infrastructure problems and incidents.
- May be required to be on standby on site or off site during nights, weekends and holidays.
- Displays curiosity and tenacity investigating issues and applying an analytical approach to solutions development and implementation.
- Possesses high service standards and communicates effectively key infrastructure changes to stakeholders and management.
- Enthusiast in learning new things to cope with technology trend and business requirement in his practice area.
Support infrastructure operations
- Perform infrastructure operations activities such as installations of infrastructure systems according to design specifications
- Align infrastructure operations with agreed service agreement standards
Resolve infrastructure incidents
- Assist with the simulation of user problems to resolve operating difficulties
- Follow up with users to ensure problems or issues have been resolved
- Perform problem and/or issue identification and resolution
- Recommend system modifications to reduce user problems
Optimize infrastructure performance
- Assist with infrastructure testing and implementation
- Assist with piloting of new tools, technologies, and/or processes
- Gather performance and data usage statistics for capacity planning and reporting
- Participate in infrastructure development activities
- Perform ongoing tuning and optimization of infrastructure hardware and software components such as updates and upgrades
Support infrastructure planning and design
- Assist with the documentation of infrastructure design and planning activities and decisions
- Assist with the planning and design of infrastructure systems
- Assist with the implementation of agreed infrastructure changes and maintenance routines
- Perform activities related to ongoing maintenance of infrastructure
The ideal candidate should have
- Minimum Degree and above
- 0-2 years
- 0-2 years
- Certification - CCNA, CCNP is preferred
- Routing and Switching fundamentals
- Wired and wireless networks fundamentals
Basic Technical Knowledge
- IPv4, IPv6 addressing
- Internetworking protocols (ARP, DHCP, DNS)
- Securing Networks
- Routing Protocols - OSPF, EIGRP
- Spanning-Tree (STP, RSTP, MSTP)
- Concepts of Vlans, Trunk, Access
- CDP, LLDP, LACP, PaGP
To all recruitment agencies: Singtel Group does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Singtel Group employees or any other company location. Singtel Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.