We have a great opportunity for a talented and self-motivated Software Engineer (Java/Kotlin) to join our Business Application Service at NCS. At NCS, we seek to nurture talents in creating and developing innovative solutions. If you are passionate about new technologies and new ideas, NCS could be a place for you!
We are seeking a highly motivated software engineer who will write beautiful code and contribute in delivering the next generation national health claims processing platform.
If you are looking to collaborate with highly motivated peers, and immerse in best industrial practices, or if you have a deep passion for contributing to the public good, this is the right opportunity for you.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design, develop, document, test, deploy, and maintain software applications.
- Improve software quality using Scrum practices such as code review and unit testing.
- Be well-rounded and collaborate with QE, DevOps, or Product Owners and Business Analysts to contribute to the success of the project.
- Analyse process/program specifications & translate specifications to program codes, conforming to program guidelines and programming best practices
- Make changes to configurable items, which include hardware, software, documentation, etc. It covers configuration management planning, configuration identification, configuration controls & audits
- Develop unit test package, execute tests & document test results to ensure the quality of the program
- Assist in the integration testing, system testing, User Acceptance Test ( UAT) & implementation activities to fix the reported problems/bugs of the system to ensure the smooth execution of programs in the production environment
- Investigate all reported problems/errors & initiate amendments & testing so that the system can operate correctly & efficiently
- Prepare & maintain up-to-date system documentation.
- Analyse functional requirements to translate into application design using established design methodologies and guidelines
- Ensure codes comply with NCS security guidelines
The ideal candidate should be / have
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering, Information Technology or related disciplines.
- At least three years of professional experience in a software engineer or equivalent position.
- Familiar with cloud-native technology and architecture.
- Familiar with Clean Code, Design Patterns and Unit Testing.
- Knowledge and experience in Kotlin, Spring Boot Framework and Spring Cloud will be advantageous.
- Working experience in Agile and UX development environments will be an added advantage.
- Good presentation and listening skills.
- Self-driven, motivated, and strong desire to learn.