The Innovation and Transformation Office (ITO) leads disruptive idea generation, research, testing and prototyping with the goal of launching breakthrough products and services inspired by global trends and emerging technologies, transforming businesses and contributing to a Safer City.
- Actively engage in the creation of new disruptive and transformational products and services
- Understand the essence of a concept, work independently, and continuously improve on the underlying idea, which leads to the implementation of a viable and creative product.
- Apply user experience and design concepts that fuse with software elements to create truly immersive and user centric front-end software.
- Develop and leverage various frontend web framework and components to visualize data, solve problems and uncover new opportunities, resulting in usable prototypes.
- Develop web and mobile applications ensuring best possible quality, performance and responsiveness of applications, including the identification and resolution of performance bottlenecks and issues.
- Monitor quality and performance of applications on production and continuously improve user experience.
- Senior members will lead squads (scrum teams) dedicated in the implementation of Proof-of-Concepts (POCs), Prototypes and Pilots with strategic customers
- Promote customer advocacy by engaging with strategic customers, country affiliates and business partners on the formulation of POCs, Prototypes and Pilots in associated documentation
- Support the Technology Development Managers / Directors to prioritize concept requests at each stage of the OIC process (e.g. ideation, concept validation, agile prototyping)
- Hands-on Involvement in the roadmap planning, design, architecting and coding of the POCs, Prototypes and Pilots
- Engage in the whole DevOps lifecycle from the development, testing, deployment, maintenance and operations of products and services
- Participate in the building and enhancement of a robust pipeline to support the automation of various development associated tasks to achieve continuous integration and delivery
- Proactively devise innovative solutions by constantly broadening and deepening the skillsets, and attaining awareness of trends and development in the technical domain to address latent challenges faced by various industries
- Identify best practices from industry and implement new and evolve methodology as appropriate
- Achieve higher rate, quality and lower cost of prototyping, experimentation, and concept pilots by leveraging Design Thinking, Agile methodologies, best practices and reuse
- Create Intellectual Property (IP) in the form of patents, publication of papers in the relevant areas that is tightly aligned to the strategic direction of the Global Safety Division
- Thought leadership in the application of the latest technology to address challenges in Public Safety and to pioneer innovations that promotes the eminence of the Global Safety Division
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical field. Master’s degree is a plus
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in creating, developing and deploying front end web applications.
- Possess passion for User Experience (UX) and demonstrates strong flair in the aesthetics arena to push the envelope for User Interfaces (UI) that attains both factor and form for a seamless and intuitive user interaction.
- Experience in using automated build tools like Gulp, Webpack, Babel, NPM, etc.
- Understand how to debug in HTTP, XHR, JSON, CORS, SSL, etc.
- Good knowledge in design patterns, data structures, multi-threading and high volume server side development
- Experience with building RESTful services and micro-services
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or other container tools
- Experience in CI/CD tools (Jenkins, GitLab CI), database technology (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB), cloud deployment technologies (Terraform and serverless architecture).
- Experience with developing applications on cloud architectures (AWS, Azure). Hands-on development in a serverless architecture (AWS Lambda) is a plus
- Experience of working in agile, scrum and DevOps teams
- Proficient with code versioning tools like Git
- Strong analytical skills and well-versed in problem solving skills
- Experience in front end technologies like Vue.js is a plus
- Knowledge of iOS and Android development is a plus
- Good communication skills
- Possess can-do attitude, creativity and initiative
The successful candidate must manifest passion about emerging technologies, are entrepreneurial, and has experience leading agile research and product development teams. Working as a team, they will be involved in the evolution of the OIC based on industry best practices, providing best-in-class software architecture, and codifying best practices, methodologies, processes and concepts within the teams, amidst in an environment that fosters smart risk taking.