Internal Job Title: Assistant Manager, Knowledge & Insights
Overall Job Objectives
Change your day job. Leverage on your data analytics skillset and transform Singapore into a Giving Nation through developing insights to inspire action.
We are growing our data analytics ability to maximise the use of our data from various sources, including online giving platform, web traffic and landscape surveys. We are also expanding our pool to include external databases. We know the power of data analytics to help us galvanise more to give of their time, talent and treasure and to empower those who are already giving to deepen and broaden their giving.
As part of the team, you will also be involved in quantitative research on volunteerism and philanthropy, and analysing data and trends on giving to inform and influence key stakeholders. We seek motivated candidates with the passion to make NVPC a data-driven organisation, to carry out meaningful work at the intersection of non-profit, public and private sectors and to make a difference at national level.
Core Duties And Responsibilities
- Carry out end-to-end data analytics projects from business understanding to data understanding, data preparation, modelling, evaluation and to deployment.
- Develop data science experimental prototypes, products, and solutions within NVPC.
- Develop data visualisations to support data and analytics related activities within NVPC.
- Involve in end-to-end quantitative research projects such as large-scale landscape study of giving behaviour and attitudes among individuals and corporates.
- Support collaborative data analytics and research work with partners such as government agencies, and institute of higher learning.
- Derive key insights and recommendations on how to galvanise more individuals and corporates to give of their time, talent and treasure and to empower those who are already giving to deepen and broaden their giving.
- Communicate insights and recommendations via written or verbal presentations to key stakeholders, including internal stakeholders in NVPC and external stakeholders such as government agencies, companies, non-profits and funders, for application and advocacy.
- Degree in Business Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or other related field.
- At least 4 years of experience in a data analytics or related role.
- Proficient in data mining process such as CRISP-DM and data analytics techniques, including supervised learning (e.g. logistic regression, support vector machine, text mining) and un-supervised learning (e.g. clustering).
- Proficient in SQL, Python.
- Proficient in research methods and process and statistical analysis
- Proficient in statistical and analytics tools such as R and SPSS and business intelligence tool such as Tableau.
- Strong written skills in English.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Curiosity and interest in looking for data and statistics that creates value.