- Responsible for managing and growing a team of software engineers that is currently of size three.
- Hands-on software development activities (design, implementation and maintenance) of various projects.
- Responsible for managing different concurrent projects of the team.
- Follow agile development practices with regular sprints
- Convert prototype systems into production solutions meeting customer requirements.
- Maintain software to a good standard of quality.
- Keep abreast of technologies, standards and information relevant to the company’s software development products.
- Identify to the manager any gaps in knowledge, equipment or process.
- BS or higher in Computer Science or closely related field.
- Programming expertise in C++, C#, Java or similar language
- At least 3 years of management experience in leading a software development team.
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a software engineer..
- Professional experience in developing applications in any of the following
- Distributed and scalable applications.
- Front-end and back-end web applications with modern frameworks
- Applications utilizing machine learning and/or numerical analysis
- Data intensive applications utilizing 'big data' technologies
- Knowledge of modern programming methods with emphasis on object-oriented programming.
- Breadth of knowledge in the various software engineering areas such as,
- Distributed computing
- Micro services and API development
- Database programming
- Platform agnostic development.
Onto Innovation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including health/dental/vision/life/disability, PTO, 401K plan with employer match, and an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) along with health & wellness initiatives.
We provide a collaborative working environment along with resources, and state-of-the-art tools & equipment to promote success; and a welcoming, inclusive corporate culture where individuals are recognized for their contributions.