We are looking for technical leads and migration specialists with a strong focus on moving database, data warehouse and data lake workloads to the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), and who can apply innovative and clear solutions to real-world challenges. In this role, you will be part of a broader regional team that are responsible for implementing a program to deliver Digital Transformation solutions in the area of Data Management, focusing on business applications, data integration, large scale data warehousing and data platform modernization.
Applicants must demonstrate a strong understanding of the latest data management technologies (includes Relational, NoSQL and Big Data), data integration and migration methodologies.
- Assess and fully understand the customers’ desired business outcomes; ensure proposed solutions are technically viable
- Contribute to the solution architecture ensuring stability, extendibility, and scalability
- Provide implementation advisory and technical input into designing and developing Oracle cloud solutions and deployment cycles
- Present as the senior implementation expert for projects and advisor to the customer and project team
- Communicate regularly with internal stakeholders providing high level solution updates at both a business and technical level as required
- Ensure that consistent approach and governance is adhered to within all projects
- Advise on candidate use cases for significant impact and suggest associated reusable solution assets
- Have strong verbal and written communications skills, preferably with experience writing and publishing research briefs, white papers and blogs/vlogs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10-15 years of experience as a technical specialist handling Data Management Solutions (Business Critical Database platforms, Integration Tools, Data Warehouses and Data Lakes)
- Customer-facing experience in defining & realizing end-to-end Data Platform designs and deployments for large scale enterprise systems
- Experience in database administration (DBA) and/or development in Oracle RDBMS
- Experience with MySQL and/or other open-source RDBMS technologies, such as PostgreSQL
- Experience in cloud computing, as well as cloud market and competitive dynamic
- Experience in enterprise technology and an understanding of large-scale computing solutions
- Experience in Data Platform upgrade and migration technologies
- Experience with other non-relational data technologies is an advantage (NoSQL, Graph, JSON, Object Store)
- Experience with other database technologies is an advantage (Netezza, DB2, SQL*Server, Redshift, Snowflake, MongoDB)
- Experience with Big Data and Data Lake technologies is an advantage
- Knowledge of technology solutions and ability to learn, understand, and work quickly with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the IT technology space
- Ability to deliver customer-driven results and work across multiple technologies
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded Data Specialist and to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- We focus on the business outcomes for our customers
- We welcome new ways and fresh ideas to implement rapid transformation programmes for our customers which serve not only as smarter and better solutions but also achieve a measurable business value
- We hire fierce competitors and individuals who are fearless in challenging our existing approach
If you are willing to innovate, transform your career and be inspired, apply now.