Oracle Enterprise Risk and Finance (ERF) portfolio are looking for a Senior Software Development Director to lead the build out of NEW cloud native products to respond to product demands. This role is critical to the future success of the portfolio and allows a significant cross over between the ERF engineering team and the Portfolio Head. Experience in implementing cloud native solutions in financial services is required.
· Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs.
· As a Senior Director of the software engineering division, you will apply your extensive knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to current and future design specifications.
· Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and envision improvements to the architecture.
· Directs and ensures the implementation of operational policies through subordinate managers Interacts internally and externally with executive management involving negotiation of difficult matters to influence policy.
· Overall 15+ years of experience in Information Technology (IT) with 10+ years of total experience in technical architecture, application development, middleware development and database management
· Demonstrable track record of building cloud native architectures and platforms for SaaS offerings preferably in the financial services or other mission critical use cases.
· Experience of leading a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs serverless microservices architecture frameworks including distributed transaction management capabilities
· Demonstrable experience in formulating and executing an engineering strategy to impact the economics of a SaaS business
· Prior experience in acquiring organizational capabilities in DevOps and automation paradigms such as infrastructure as code
· Experience of interacting and supporting CloudOps / SaaSOps teams for deploying, testing and L2/L3 support for Cloud applications.
· Technical domain knowledge required Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, AI/ML, and Cloud architecture.
· Ability to provide detailed product presentations detailing Cloud Architecture and Implementation and present to Product Managers, Pre-Sales, Sales, Consulting teams and Customers
· Ability to interact with all customer roles such as CIO, CTO, IT Architects, technical staff and business users.
· A proven and enthusiastic, high-energy, motivating leader who is visibly passionate and is capable of inspiring and galvanizing people around.
· A balance of strategic and tactical skills, with a high level of intellectual agility and capacity for thought leadership.
· A proven ability to navigate and effectively collaborate with other groups and resources in a large complex environment.
· A bachelor degree is required and masters degree desired with relevant experience
· Demonstrable understanding of Banking and Insurance industry is required