As the Lead Consultant, you will possess both pre-sales and post-sales experience in architecting and delivering solutions encompassing Public Cloud, Private Cloud compute, storage, Datacentre LAN, virtualization, Openstack, Dockers & Kubernetes technologies.
Developing proposals based on Cloud options, in collaboration with internal subject matter experts, will be a key portfolio that you will be expected to front. Your remit includes developing High Level Design, presentation slides, determining technical risks, issues while suggesting mitigation options, working & coordinating closely with Sales, Business Development, Bid Program and Account Management teams.
You will have the ability to source & select partners, interface with them for the appropriate solution blocks and evaluate their scope and deliverables and fit into the overall solution to the customer.
You will also be expected to lead a regional Team of Architects & Consultants whose accountability includes,
- To design solutions and spearhead as a delivery architect as and when requested.
- The Lead Consultant will act as a subject-matter expert for this portfolio, and subsequently propose, design and implement respective solutions.
The Lead Consultant will manage the launch of complex solutions & engagements across the APAC region. In this role you, and your team, will be responsible for,
- Scoping and delivering service launches in the field end-to-end. Responsibilities include collection of business and technical requirements from internal and external customers,
- supporting the building of business cases for services across regions and areas,
- securing field readiness & partner enablement,
- all the way to the successful production launch that delivers on service adoption and business case expectations.
You will be expected to make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
The right candidate should also possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience in complex projects, and will have well-rounded technical skills in all areas of public cloud (AWS, Azure, Google, Alicloud, etc) & network technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a Lead Consultant, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex situations and break them down into manageable pieces and deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
- Architect & Consultant Portfolio function leadership
- People Management – Coaching, training and development, and,
- Billable Consulting revenue & sub-function accountability
- 10+ years of Solutions Management experience in a related industry
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- Project Management Certifications, like PMP, CSM, are a must
- Professional Certifications at least in one of the three Public Cloud platforms (Professional Certifications in other Public Cloud platforms may be considered):
- Google Cloud
- The candidate will possess technical & customer-facing skills that allows them to be a "trusted advisor" to customers. He or she will be able to facilitate relationships with senior personnel, as well as easily interact and give guidance to software developers, IT Professionals and system architects.
- Personal and professional credibility to challenge customer assumptions / internal responses
- You comprehend cybersecurity and the MTCS framework for Cloud solutions
- Architectural exposure to few of the following platforms from Cloud perspective - Windows, LINUX/UNIX, VMware, Hyper-V, XenServer, Oracle, SQL Server, IIS Server, SAN, NAS, Cisco LAN, VCE/FlexPod, Nutanix, Huawei and other technologies.
- Ability to develop TCO models and assess business impacts, RoI etc highly desirable.
- Strong verbal and written (English and Mandarin) communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams
- Experience in Private/Public Cloud design, implementation, pros/cons & migration considerations.
- Adapt existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- A good knowledge and led a solution design based on VMWare Realize (VRA, VRO) or other orchestrating tool
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. We value our employees’ well being and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at Orange Business Services, and help us make an impact on the world!
Orange Business Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a diverse workforce and do not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, religion/belief, national origin, marital status, disability or veteran status.