OBS is looking for a highly motivated, experienced, passionate Application Architect with solid experience in Business Application transition, transformation into a multi-cloud environment.
Provide pre-sales, delivery technical leadership on Application modernization, showcasing a deep understanding of platform services and how to use these services to develop innovative solutions for our clients.
This is a customer facing role, owning the overall technical relationship between the customer, pre-sales and end-to-end delivery. You will own the technical customer engagements including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or pilots, minimum viable products, platform core enablement and workload onboarding. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers.
As an experienced Enterprise Application Architect who can assist our customers in architecting, developing and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the Public Cloud – AWS, Azure or GCP. Support in applications revolution to be cloud optimized which needs to be well architected, enabling customer to reap the benefits of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability.
Candidate must have hands on cloud native application transformation experience in broad range of applications but not limited to CRM, ERP, SaaS, COTS and custom build applications.
You should demonstrate a leadership mindset, solid technical architecture and operational experience, and the ability to problem-solve.
Total minimum professional working experience of 14+ years in IT domain.
Education and certifications:
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Cloud Certifications ( Amazon, Azure, Google)
- TOGAF/Zachman architecture frameworks and certification would be essential.
- Experienced in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Enterprise Oriented Architecture (EOA).
- Minimum 10 years of design and implementation experience with distributed applications with at least 10 years in a hands-on tech lead/system architect capacity.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience dealing with enterprise architecture covering broad technologies within a consulting company.
- Demonstrable experience of large scale cloud Deployments within the last 1 year for production workload
- Solid understanding on the pricing model of multi-cloud services(AWS, Azure, GCP) and its impact on solution architecture
- Minimum of 10+ years of success in consultative/complex technical pre-sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications
- 3+ years of direct experience architecting/designing high throughput applications on AWS/Azure/GCP. Must have experience with resiliency, reliability and high availability engineering.
- Proficient in conceptualizing and deriving common architectural designs across multiple services.
- Deep understanding of Enterprise Integration and Messaging Patterns, SOA Governance practices.
- Solid Agile development experience and has experience architecting large enterprise-wide systems
- Experienced in engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, re-platforming, design driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications, application security, incl. coding, coding standards and reviews, source control, testing, debugging, build, deployment and operations.
- Have expertise in several technology domains: Multi-Cloud Orchestration((AWS, Azure, GCP) and Management, Cloud Native Platforms and Technologies, Data Center Platforms, Networking, Security, End User Client Technology, Virtualization, Cloud, Service Management and Automation
- In-depth experience in software architecture, information/data architecture, e-Commerce and mobile implementation.
- Experience with at least one API gateway product (Cloud Native, Apigee, CA Layer 7, MuleSoft, WSO2, Tyk).
- Deep experience in the architecture and design of solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Best practices regarding Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
- Cloud (PaaS) development platform services (AWS, Azure, GCP) and how to apply these correctly to the architecture and design of a customer solution
- Scaling models for services in a multi-cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects
- Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
- Broad Enterprise systems experience including SAP, Saleforce, Oracle, MSFT and custom Java/.NET applications
- Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, SOC-1&2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GxP and FDA
- Demonstrable experience in migrating to or architecting micro-services cloud solutions and/or containers or has built such green-field “cloud native” applications
- Experience building SaaS applications and/or PaaS cloud services on any popular platform e.g. Force.com, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure
- Good understanding of enterprise application integration, including SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL environments as well as common EA topics such as process orchestration, BPM, CEP, MDM, BI/BA, etc
- Knowledge of DevOps methods and CI/CD automation practices
- Familiar with elements of gathering architecture requirements
- Familiar with concepts of costing hardware and software components. Works to assure work is on-time and within budget
- Participates in change initiatives by implementing new directions and providing appropriate information and feedback
- Reacts open-mindedly to new perspectives or ideas. Considers different or unusual solutions when appropriate
- Provide hands on technical support for business applications and processes. Balance of strategic and tactical skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams.
- Must understand networking, security, design principles and best practices in cloud
- Deep knowledge and experience in complex and large scale projects
- Design and deployment experience in two or more of the following: AWS apps technologies such as RDS, ElasticBeanstalk, DynamoDB, RedShift or equivalent services in Azure or GCP or AWS IaaS Technologies such as EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, VPC, Route 53 or equivalent services in Azure or GCP. Deployed applications with Web UI frontends. Deployed application with RESTful/SOAP services interfaces.
- Extensive hands-on experience using Cloud services: Container, Serverless Architecture, ARM Templates, SQL DB/DW, Data Factory, Analytics Service.
- Solid Understanding of end-to-end Enterprise Architecture, including Enterprise Java Stack (JEE), Rich UI and Front-End technologies (native, Kony), mobile applications (Android and iOS), Middleware technologies (WebSphere, Weblogic, JBOSS, Tibco, Solace etc), Mainframe technologies, Databases, Data Warehouses, and Industry specific solution (BFSI, Manufacturing, Logistics, Telco, Insurance/Healthcare).
- Expert Level of experience in the enterprise working with modern development tools and methods like Agile, SCRUM, Git, Jenkins, JIRA and Maven, JBOSS, EA
- Service Oriented Architecture, REST Web Services & Micro Services
- Hands-on experience with containerization platforms and server-less computing like Docker, EKS, Lambda, Azure Functions.
- N-Tier Architecture patterns
- JVM ergonomics/ Core Java/ Design Patterns
- Hands-on experience in J2EE technologies, RESTful services, J2EE frameworks (Spring, Batch, Integration, Hibernate, JMS), JBOSS application server
- Good knowledge in Databases: MSSQL, MSSQL, MongoDB, REDIS, Amazon RDS, DBaaS
- Must possess excellent automation skills and the ability to drive initiatives to automate processes.
- Excellent knowledge of software development and software testing methodologies along with configuration management practices in Unix and Linux-based environment.
- Expert knowledge in Docker, Kubernetes Services, and Micro services design
- REST / Webservices (with high performance, multi-tenancy, global, scalable elements)
- SQL, XML, JSON, Linux, ELK stack, Splunk, Solr, GIT, Ant/Maven, Jenkins
- Familiarity with Data Ingestion, Analytics, AI technologies
- Knowledge in tools like Jenkins, GitlabCI, JFrog Artifactory, Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift etc
- Experience using integrated development environments (e.g. Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, XCode, WebSphere) targeting Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, public clouds (i.e. Azure, AWS) required • Experience with scalable architectures using Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry etc.), API management, microservice frameworks etc.
Please do note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified within 2 weeks.