The Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) would develop, maintain, and support a complex modern web application while learning and applying DevOps practices. You will hone your experience in the latest concepts, technologies, and modern frameworks such as Microservices, Spring Boot, React/Redux, Docker, AWS, ELK, Terraform, Ansible, and Jenkins. You would further develop your expertise in infrastructure-related development and activities such as maintaining the application infrastructure and respond to client requests when required will be expected.
- Manage technical issues and escalations, delivering a high level of client satisfaction.
- Understand and maintain production code, maintain, and support multiple applications and infrastructure.
- Deep understanding of underlying infrastructure system and issues
- Ability to troubleshoot production systems and self-learn new tools and technologies as per project requirements
- Document and share knowledge on developed or maintained solutions.
- Build an understanding of a wide variety of concepts, technologies, and frameworks.
- Strong experience in Cloud-based and DevOps practices and technologies such as AWS/Openstack/Ansible/Terraform/ELK/Jenkins
- Good understanding of microservice architecture and experience with fixing support escalation issues
- Experience with maintaining and supporting cloud-related infrastructures
- Working knowledge and proven experience with at least 1 cloud provider
- Good knowledge of Unix/Linux OS, Python/Bash/Shell Scripting, and SQL
- Experience with architecture to implement development-to-production workflows
- Good understanding of DevOps principles (e.g. testing automation, BDD, TDD, Release automation, CI/CD, etc.)
- A master's/bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related area
- Excellent interpersonal, oral/written communication, and cross-group collaboration skills
- Independent thinker with a strong work ethic but also willing and able to conform to established architectural constraints
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously
- Problem-solving abilities and ability to meet reasonable deadlines
- Strong team player, ability to build positive and collaborative relationships
- Willing to be working 1 weekend in a month and on shift hours on a rotation basis (OT/ Off in-lieu is given)
Your role as PALO IT Ambassador
You will be invited to take part in R&D works done within our Practices. You will have the chance to assist or be a speaker at must-attend international IT conferences. You will have the opportunity to write articles for our Blog or specialized press. Genuine ambassador of PALO IT, you will present our offers and take an active role in the development of the company. In addition, you will contribute to the social, environmental and purpose driven objectives and initiatives of PALO IT in order to positively impact our environment, customers, communities and ourselves as an organization and individual.
If you like what you just read, we’d love to have a chat with you!
We might not be able to get back to every applicant but we promise your application will be reviewed by one of our recruitment experts
Our workforce is a genuine culture and gender mosaic. We are proud of our diversity. PALO IT SG is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Palo IT SG does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, marital status or any other personal characteristics.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data are longstanding top priorities for Palo-IT. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Palo-IT’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.palo-it.com/en/privacy-policy) to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates. Here you can find how you can request for access, correction and/or withdrawal of your Personal Data.