The Business Applications Group is closely aligned with the business teams and responsible for the key applications to administrate, monitor and analyze Partners Group’s business processes through the investment value chain. It takes care of the development, customization and on-going enhancement of these applications to best support the global business operations of Partners Group.
The software solution engineer focuses on communicating with customer to understand business needs, designing and implementing software solutions for specific business areas (e.g. Treasury, Accounting & Valuation, Portfolio Management & Execution, etc.), being in charge of the entire development cycle, from analysis to production deployment as well as support the business analysts and the services team to improve the entire Partners Group business application landscape.
- Lead the software development for Execution, Portfolio and Risk management platform and understand the business aspects of the platform. Ensures that systems are delivered on-time, within scope.
- Design solutions, prepare specifications and execute the projects together with external developers. Coordinates internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Assists in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Interaction with business users and increasingly with mid-level business leaders to align on priorities.
- Excellent platform knowhow. Build up subject matter expertise pro-actively and identify training requirements.
- Propose strategic approaches to drive the business applications platform further within Partners Group.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in systems and processes.
What We Expect
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering with deep knowledge of the software development cycle. Actively participated in 2 to 3 relevant large projects or work assignments.
- Experienced in object-oriented/object function scripting languages like Java and Python.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and experience with relational databases and data querying using TSQL.
- Strong project management and personal organization skills.
- The ability to identify and properly handle risks in specific area.
- Excellent communicator with a team-oriented approach.
- Agile or similar development methodology experience.
- Solid academic record and a Bachelor/Master degree with emphasis in technology (e.g. Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, etc.)
- Financial industry experience is a plus.
- Experience with cloud services (i.e. AWS or Azure) is a plus.
- Knowledge of ETL tools like Pentaho and scheduling tools like Control-M is a plus.
What We Offer
- A highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment in a team that works closely with both the technology and business sides the firm
- Opportunity to learn the business from some of the world's leading private market experts
- Challenging career path with a long-term career potential
- Competitive salary with performance-related compensation model and other allowances