Performs real-time proactive security monitoring and reporting on various security and threat monitoring systems. Performs the role of primary incident coordinator for all security events, requiring focused response, containment, investigation, and remediation. Help lead and train analysts.. The Senior Incident Response Analyst will be responsible for managing and protecting system, network, application, and data assets of PayPal properties globally. We are looking for an individual contributor with a strong commitment to “getting the job done” and an unwavering passion for working on the front-lines of the security field.
- Support the design and deployment of a comprehensive security infrastructure to support real-time security monitoring operations
- Monitor security events globally
- Analyse network traffic and various log data to determine the threat against the target infrastructure, recommend appropriate countermeasures, and assess damage
- Maintaining information security metrics
- Be the single point of contact and the focal point for accepting, collecting, sorting, ordering, and passing on incoming information for the reported security incident events
- Communicate with all levels of technology and operational staff, assist in creation and follow methodologies, creating clear, concise deliverables
- Security event analysis and intrusion detection incident response - triage, incident analysis, remediation
- Work with global network engineers to implement security products and process
- Remain current on regulatory requirements affecting information security and digital investigations
- Basic understanding of tools and processes used in security incident detection and handling
- Experience with troubleshooting and configuring networking devices, application platforms, and database, Windows and UNIX system administration
- Must have an understanding of TCP/IP networking and web infrastructure applications.
- Must be able to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment
- Continue to grow a personal support network by developing and building relationships throughout internal organisations
- Develop effective teamwork skills
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
REQ ID R0079751