PayPal Customer Success Platform team is looking for a Data Scientist based In Singapore. Data Scientist will have the opportunity to design and build new advanced capabilities and work on problems to enhance customer and employee experience Candidates should have a strong background in one or more of the following fields in AI: deep learning, graph mining, knowledge graph, ontology, natural language processing, computer vision, speech biometrics, etc.
Primary Job Responsibilities
· Design and Develop innovative solutions for real-world, large scale problems to enhance customer & employee experience.
· Collaborate effectively with cross functional teams different geographical locations to ensure fruition of projects.
· Create new application ideas and show its proof of concept to evaluators through rapid prototyping.
· Conceive, design, prototype, and evaluate complex algorithms and statistical models that can be integrated into the spoken language system.
· Propose ideas to improve artificial intelligence capabilities of Conversational AI platform
· Collaborate with the engineering and product teams.
· Postgraduate/Phd degree in computer science, artificial intelligence, or related technical field.
· Prior experience in one or more of the following fields in AI: deep learning, graph mining, knowledge graph, ontology, natural language processing, computer vision, speech biometrics, etc.
· Proficient in fundamental technical skills (Programming language like Java/Python/R; database language like SQL; Experienced in working with Hadoop, Map-Reduce, Hive, Pig)
· Experience with one or more deep learning libraries and platforms (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc).
· Practical experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, and deep learning applied to natural language understanding, machine learning and deep learning applied to sequence to sequence (Seq2Seq) learning
· Strong appetite for applying and running experiments leveraging the latest and greatest research in sequence to sequence (Seq2Seq) learning or other natural language understanding tasks, with the goal of production readiness.
· General working understanding of spoken natural language understanding or conversational systems and its various components.
· 5+ years of experience in software development and architecture.
· Deep expertise in leveraging semantic knowledge graphs for natural language understanding, inference and reasoning.
· Strong track record of developing novel and scientifically sound solutions to solve real world problems.
· Strong appetite for applied research, exploration, quick prototyping, offline and online experimentation with a goal towards production readiness.
· Practical experience in one or more of the following areas: natural language understanding, inference and reasoning, semantic knowledge graphs, machine learning, multi-modal dialog, and conversational systems.