The Seller Risk team is responsible globally for the end to end management of risk from sellers accepting payments through PayPal. Understanding and closely managing the risks associated with these sellers is critical to our management of the portfolio.
· Monitor, measure and analyze the risk trends across PayPal's vast seller base
· Design solutions and strategies to mitigate possible losses arising from risky merchants
· Work with multiple partner teams across the company to understand the impacts of risk actions and to implement the risk strategies
· Maintain good working relationship with stakeholders and partners across multiple functions
· Find opportunities for improving and optimizing risk solutions and influence teams within the Seller Risk org to make necessary adjustments
· Strong understanding of credit risk and some understanding of payments industry. Basic understanding of financial statements would be a plus.
· Independent, self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
· Good interpersonal and communication skills to be able to manage relationships across multiple functions and stakeholders at varying levels in the organization
· Strong background in analytical methods and experience working with large data sets
· Strong business acumen and ability to translate and communicate analytical insights to various audiences
· Master/bachelor’s degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics or related quantitative discipline
· 3 to 5 years experience in data analytics. Risk analytics a plus
· Proficient in SQL, Python, Java and SAS
· Excel, Word, and PowerPoint proficiency