The PayPal Global Professional Services team is responsible for providing technical consulting and integration services for the implementation of PayPal’s payment, identity and platform capabilities, as well as representing the wider product set available to major global partners and merchants. The Integration Engineer is a key member of the integration team who provides guidance, consultation, and best practices during the integration phases of any project. We are seeking a dynamic individual with fast innovative thinking skills, exceptional technical skills, and a solid business acumen. As the Integration Engineer, we will look for you to use your technology and business intelligence to help merge the multitude of APIs and experiences to create solutions our consumers and merchants will love. The role requires internal cross team participation with key internal stakeholder teams such as Product, Engineering, Risk, Compliance, Identity, etc. to address specific integration requirements or new product features. Travel requirements are minimal.
Integration Engineer (GROW SG) - 12 months contract training programme
- Interacts directly with our clients, merchants, partners and developers to recognise and articulate business requirements and how best to implement our PayPal solutions, while adhering to PayPal guidelines and company policies.
- Act as main technical point of contact for all implementation-related activities throughout the integration effort. Facilitate setting up test accounts, provide technical development and coding support, and guide the client through testing and pre-launch activities.
- Be the “Voice of the Customer” and relay constructive feedback to Product Managers, Engineering, Technology and other internal groups on ease of use and new functionality. Work with internal teams on any required feature enhancements or to address any solution gaps.
- Work in partnership with Solution Engineers and Solution Architects to integrate proposed PayPal solutions into the client commerce platforms.
- Works with key internal stakeholders, including Product Management, Risk, Payments, etc. to address specific customer business requirements or new product features.
- Work closely with internal teams including compliance, privacy, risk, information security, support and operations to ensure all aspects of a partner or merchant launch are managed
- Identify and define integration specific best practices
- Ensure partners implement optimal integration strategies, techniques and user experience best practices
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in finance and computer science.
- 3+ years of experience/exposure in the following areas:
- Web and mobile technologies including Web Services, APIs, REST, HTML/HTTP, iOS, Android and leading web and mobile application frameworks.
- Exceptional communication skills, in English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to successfully interact and dynamically adapt to communication styles with all levels of client organizations including C-level executives, middle management, finance and operations, technical/IT staff, and line personnel.
- Ability to translate requirements into detailed design and solution documents.
- Ability to quickly assess and troubleshoot most integration issues
- Effective time management skills to work with multiple external customers concurrently.
- Self –learner for most of the topics on new products with proficiently designed solutions and deliver integrations with both off the shelf and customized products.
- Strong presentation skills (Presenting to Business units and Technical teams)
- Less than 10% domestic travel. International travel is not expected
- 2+ years of experience with Payments (Credit Card, Banking, Online, Offline). Comprehensive knowledge is highly valued in commerce systems, payments gateways and payment processors.
- Broad knowledge of technical concepts and payment processing as it relates to company products and integration.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.