The Lead Threat DLP Engineer will be primarily responsible for all the enterprise DLP tools. Create and build new defenses, implement new technologies. Interface with Service Managers, IT Operations, Network Operations, Infrastructure teams, Legal.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Strong technical experience and familiarity with various techniques of cyber-attacks, MITRE att&ck framework, Purple Team concepts, incident response, and threat hunting modeling
- 5-10 years of experience in Cybersecurity, ideally 2-3 years as a Security Operation
- Build processes to handle data exfiltration incidents
- Work against a variety of tools to detect and alert on data exfiltration
- Build alerts to detect complex exfiltration
- Strong technical knowledge of DLP architecture, system policies, rules.
- Develop secure system solutions to meet DLP program requirements.
- Monitor and track remediation activities to address weaknesses and issues discovered through security reviews
- Understand and follow the response process through event escalations and work with the necessary vendors and internal customers to remediate any findings
- Respond to any inquiries and provide training awareness when appropriate
- Work with the support team to identify and address monitoring gaps, weaknesses, and configuration issues.
- Work to produce weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc operational metrics
- Help to ensure regulatory compliance and that all audit-related issues are appropriately tracked and remediated.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in information security technology or required field, or equivalent work experience and/or Security certifications.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and Regex
- Linux & shell scripting: python, bash, networking
- Experience with Splunk and Cortex XSOAR – advantage
- Demonstrate analytical experience, close attention to details, excellent critical thinking, logic, and solution orientation
- Possess high level of maturity, discretion and judgment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Highly motivated, goal driven, innovative, curious and open minded
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking and time management skills
- Knowledge of common web technologies, enterprise and network architecture
- Knowledge of or demonstrated experience with defense in depth, trust levels, privileges and permissions
- Strong verbal communications skills and concise written communication skills
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
REQ ID R0075980