Senior Java Software Engineer
PayPal Payments team is looking for an experienced Java Software Engineer.
This position involves full-time hands-on development in a scrum team of 6-8 engineers. The person is expected to be highly competent technically and able to collaborate well with product and architecture teams. This is exciting engineering work with a significant impact on delivering business goals.
- Development and testing of high-quality product features spanning multiple product domains.
- Work with engineering managers, architects, engineers & QA to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs w.r.t functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementations schedules and adherence to development goals and principles.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to other software engineers.
- Identify areas of technical improvement and make detailed business cases for improvements or new areas of opportunities.
- Adhere to best of class coding and design standards.
- Ensure all deliverables adhere to the timelines, quality and performance
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently and deliver on aggressive goals individually as well as a team.
- You have a Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or related area.
- You have 3 to 6 years of hands-on development experience.
- You have extensively used Java, Junit, JMeter, Maven, Git and Sonar in development in the last three years.
- You have developed high-traffic front or backend services for a real customer-facing web site.
- You have worked in a scrum team for at least a year and practice agile methodologies faithfully.
- You have (designed and) implemented REST APIs, web services and SOA components.
- You have effectively used OO-design and design patterns in your work.
- You have developed code using SQL and NoSQL solutions.
- You have good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new technologies and adapt quickly.
- You have coached junior engineers, advocated good coding practices, process adherence and continuous improvement in these areas.
- You have been in a project requiring you to effectively collaborate with remote teams across geographies and time zones.
- You have preferably worked in a payments or finance-related industry before.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
REQ ID R0072764