The “Growth Markets Engineering Team” is responsible for developing and rolling out new products for PayPal’s customer base in markets seeing high commerce growth across the world such as Mexico, Brazil, Japan and India. Our charter is to double down and drive the next wave of growth for PayPal’s consumer and merchant bases globally, to propel new user acquisition, provide platform expansion through ubiquity, bring in new revenue through partnerships and to contribute actively to our organization’s mission of democratizing financial services.
Engineers in this team would be involved in building new payments platform and experiences for PayPal’s hyper growth markets, that would redefine how customers of PayPal pay and get paid.
About the Role:
Member of Technical Staff 1 – PayPal Growth Markets Engineering
A customer focused, hands-on engineering lead, responsible for designing, implementing and delivering state of the art payments solutions for the Growth markets of PayPal. The ideal candidate is an individual with strong experience in building large scale distributed, transaction processing systems. Business acumen, hands-on technology skills, positive work ethic and a collaborative mindset are key to the success of this role.
The prospective candidate will be working with various cross functional groups (business, product, analytics, user experience design and engineering) and will require admirable articulation and negotiation skills. The person is also expected to be an able individual contributor, a mentor and a peer to other junior engineers. The role would involve building new payments platform and experiences for PayPal’s hyper growth markets, that would redefine how customers of PayPal pay and get paid.
- Demonstrate a customer centric mindset as part of day-day work.
- Own the design and development of high impact payments initiatives for PayPal’s Growth Markets.
- Actively work towards developing products that meet high standards of security, scalability, performance and reliability.
- Act as a bridge between product and technology teams and marry business needs with technology solves.
- Work closely with the solutions architect, engineering leaders and the engineering team to deliver solutions for the customers.
- Be a hands-on individual contributor, who can design solutions, code them, as well as review the deliverables of other team members.
- Work closely with our integration teams and merchant partners to arrive at best in class payments experiences for our merchants.
- Collaborate with core platform and infrastructure teams to satisfy the infrastructure needs for payments solutions.
- Understand the payments business and how technology decisions impact the business.
- Sense evolving business trends and translate them into needs into technology solves.
- The role may require an annual travel of 2-3 weeks to our engineering centers world-wide.
Technology Thought Leadership
- Have strong business and technical vision and the ability to communicate this vision to multiple stakeholders.
- Be customer focused and passionate about providing world-class solutions for millions of customers across the world.
- Have deep conceptual and technological understanding of contemporary concepts such as mobile development, cloud computing, social networking, Big Data etc.
- Exhibit strong leadership and exceptional technical skills, hands on programming skills.
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale software architecture and development, and/or high-volume websites and web services.
- Solid understanding of web-scale architectural considerations such as security, performance, scalability, reliability etc.
- Proven experience in both real-time online transaction processing systems as well as non-real time asynchronous processing.
Technical Hands-on Skills
- Strong Object-oriented programming skills and expertise in one of Java/J2EE.
- Experience with REST API’s, Web Services, Unit Testing and build tools.
- Strong working experience and exposure to one or few of the following: node.js, Python or scala
- Working experience with databases such as MSSQL/ Oracle etc.
- Exposure and Understanding of NoSQL databases and microservices is a plus.
- Knowledge of mobile platform development is a plus.
- BSCS plus 8+ years / MSCS plus 6 years of experience in software design, development and architecture
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
REQ ID R0072991