Come join our Singapore Software Development Centre as part of the Global Compliance & Customer Verification Platform team as a Software Engineer. You will be working on the world’s leading payment solutions and enjoying our world-class facilities, excellent working environment at the best place Singapore has to offer, the Central Business District.
About the Team
Global Compliance & Customer Verification Platform builds and maintains leading state of the art indigenous platform that caters to Anti Money Laundering & Tax related regulatory requirements that PayPal has to comply with in most of the 200+ countries that it operates in. Automated Online Identity/Address/Financial Verification, Automated/Manual Document Scanning, Risk Scoring based KYC, Multi Tenancy support etc., are some of the features/attributes of this platform. The team is located in multiple geographies delivering KYC & Tax solutions to both PayPal’s direct customers, adjacencies, Partners and even Partners’ customers. Come join us and be part of this Global team that ensures PayPal is compliant with the local and global regulators.
Be part of an Agile Scrum team responsible for either engineering the platform to its next generation or work on business programs related to country or partner expansion depending on the business needs.
- Design elegant, efficient and scalable applications
- Collaborate closely with other teams to solve complex problems
- Effective decision making and trade-off analysis
- Guide and mentor junior developers
- Write good code
- Write even better tests that fails when the code changes.
- Delpoy and maintain code using PayPal’s DevOPS pipeline
- Learn fast, become a subject matter expert and contribute to the team.
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or related area.
- 10-15 years hands-on in the following areas:
- Java, OO-based design and development.
- Design and implementation of microservices
- Architecture principles for SOA, Event Driven and Large Scale Systems
- Trade off analysis and proposing most suitable architecture and design
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Development in/for Linux environment.
- Strong skills in Server Side Java, Spring, SpringBoot, Hibernate, REST, Maven, Github and other open source Java Libraries.
- Good grasp of Data structures & Algorithm concepts.
- Database design, programming, tuning and query optimization.
- Test methodologies and testing tools, e.g., TestNG, JUnit.
- Full-SDLC cycle, with large-scale live roll-out participation as a developer.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
- Experience in software configuration management and streaming strategies for large parallel development teams.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with remote teams across time zones is essential.
- Strong verbal and writing skills; ability to thoroughly understand product specifications, and ability to produce clear, concise documentation.
- Understanding of processes and standards from compliance standpoint.
- Project planning ability, experience in managing small development teams.
- Knowledge of QA automation processes and tools preferred.
- Experience in finance-related domains preferred.