The “Growth Markets Engineering Team” is responsible for developing and rolling out new products for PayPal’s customer base in markets seeing high commerce growth across the world such as Mexico, Brazil, Japan and India. Our charter is to double down and drive the next wave of growth for PayPal’s consumer and merchant bases globally, to propel new user acquisition, provide platform expansion through ubiquity, bring in new revenue through partnerships and to contribute actively to our organization’s mission of democratizing financial services.
Engineers in this team would be involved in building new payments platform and experiences for PayPal’s hyper growth markets, that would redefine how customers of PayPal pay and get paid.
About the Role:
Software Engineer – 3, PayPal Growth Markets Engineering
A customer focused, hands-on Java engineer, responsible for designing, implementing and delivering state of the art payments solutions for Growth markets of PayPal. The ideal candidate is an individual with experience building large scale systems engaging across the full software lifecycle, from system design and development of front-end systems components. Business acumen, hands-on technology skills, positive work ethic and a collaborative mindset are key to the success of this role.
The prospective candidate will be an individual contributor working with various cross functional groups (business, product, analytics, user experience design and engineering) and will require admirable collaboration skills. The role would involve building new and emerging payments platforms and experiences for PayPal’s hyper growth markets, that would redefine how customers of PayPal pay and get paid.
- Demonstrate a customer centric mindset as part of day-day work.
- Ensure that the design and implementation adheres to defined specs and processes.
- Own end-to-end quality of deliverables during all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Understand technical designs by working within PayPal’s cross-functional technology team.
- Collaborate with core platform and infrastructure teams to satisfy the infrastructure needs for payments solutions.
- Collaborate between business, product and technology in the process of understanding the requirement and coming up with implementation options
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment and manage continuously changing business needs
- Strong programming skills and expertise in Java/J2EE, Spring and Hibernate
- Exposure to one or more server side scripting technologies.
- Experience with REST API’s, Web Services, Unit Testing and build tools.
- Good understanding and hands on experience with databases such as MySQL/ Oracle etc.
- Strong understanding of web-based programming languages
- Rich object-oriented design and analysis skills
- Be a quick learner undaunted by complex systems.
- Take risks and thrive in an environment of constant change.
- Contributed to building the complete life cycle of transaction processing preferably in payments domain.
- Experience in refactoring existing code base and in understanding existing implementations to decide to refactor or rewrite.
- Exposure and participation in tech events, hackathons, contributions to open source, authoring of blogs and active participation in online tech forums is a plus.
- BSCS or equivalent + 6 years of experience / MSCS + 4 years of experience in software development