- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or related area.
- 2-4 years hands-on in the following areas:
- Java, OO-based design and development.
- Development in/for Linux environment.
- Strong skills in Server Side Java, Spring, Hibernate, REST, Maven, Github and other open source Java Libraries.
- Database design, programming, tuning and query optimization.
- Test methodologies and testing tools, e.g., TestNG, JUnit.
- Full-SDLC cycle, with large-scale live roll-out participation as a developer.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
- Experience in software configuration management and streaming strategies for large parallel development teams.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with remote teams across time zones is essential.
- Strong verbal and writing skills; ability to thoroughly understand product specifications, and ability to produce clear, concise documentation.
- Understanding of processes and standards from compliance standpoint.
- Project planning ability, experience in managing small development teams.
- Knowledge of QA automation processes and tools preferred.
- Experience in finance-related domains preferred.
PayPal is the faster, safer way to pay and get paid online. The service allows people to send money without sharing financial information, with the flexibility to pay using their account balances, bank accounts, credit cards or promotional financing. More information about the company can be found at PayPal.com. PayPal is headquartered in San Jose, Calif. and its international headquarters is located in Singapore.
Come join our Singapore Software Development Centre as part of the Risk Onboarding team as a Software Engineer. You will be working on the world’s leading payment solutions and enjoying our world-class facilities, excellent working environment at the best place Singapore has to offer, the Central Business District.
This position entails project management, responsibility for team deliveries, and also personal deliveries (including software development).
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.