We are seeking an exceptional Technical Product Leader to drive broader product strategy and execution for PayPal’s Natural Language AI platforms and power a diverse set of use cases, from conversational Bots that leverage state-of-the-art language models, to supporting customer messaging experiences and powering voice powered virtual assistant experiences. As the AI Platforms Product Leader, you will own the strategic roadmap, partner with data science, engineering, and other diverse cross-functional teams to accelerate the delivery of the Natural Language AI capabilities and empower partner engineering teams to power industry leading AI powered customer experiences. You must have the ability to succeed in a fast-paced matrix environment, where success is dependent on your ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners in a positive, productive, and transparent way. This role demands solid technical expertise, and ability to dive deeper into data science related problems to be solved on a continued basis. You must have a track record of leading large programs working closely with and influencing cross-functional data science and engineering teams across PayPal. If you are an experienced product management leader with sharp problem solving, collaboration and communication skills, and if you like to work in a highly collaborative, values-driven environment with passion to innovate, come join our team; together we will build cutting-edge AI/ML solutions and transform the future of financial services for millions around the world!
- Own and drive strategic roadmap and vision of Content AI platform products. Drive product vision and help teams deploy analytical capabilities that support personalized search, content recommendations etc.
- Drive design and building of machine learning models that accurately classify and match business activity data to provide actionable insights
- Push the envelope to build the best-in-class business activity capture and matching engine
- Understand customer behavior and data to understand their needs and pain points. Build Strategic roadmap, and devise strategy to improve the customer impact
- Prioritize Data Science and Engineering work, and balance the requirements of customers and stakeholders
- Build trust and effective relationships with peers/cross-functional teams and influence senior leaders to communicate AI/ML vision, strategy, goals, status, and customer impact.
- Build the right tools and platform services to empower smooth AI pipeline and improve Time to Market for launching new AI capabilities
- Passionate about delivering the best user experience to internal users by actively surveying user needs and translating requirements into a feature roadmap
- Work with cross-functional teams (business, partners, program, architecture, development, UX) to drive alignment around product strategy.
- Drive innovation by Identifying new opportunities based on research, industry trends and best practices.
- Drive product development and execution with a team of world-class engineers and designers.
- Define and measure key performance indicators to evaluate and understand product value.
- Represent product to stakeholders and to peers across PayPal and develop go-to market strategies to promote adoption of platform offerings across multiple teams.
- Evangelize the product roadmap and build strong relationships with key customers that will allow to understand gaps and build the right solutions.
- Collaborate with geo distributed engineering, customers and product management team spanning multiple time zones.
- Write user stories, prioritize the product backlog, and work closely with engineers on the team
- Create a deep understanding of our customers. analyze current customer experiences to define friction points and create seamless and effortless experiences
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
- 5+ years of Product Management with technical depth in AI/ML or domains related to information retrieval, entity resolution, natural language processing (knowledge graph expertise is a plus)
- Strong ability to translate product needs to technology and understand technology.
- Detail-oriented, unfazed by technical detail, committed to flawless execution
- Ability to participate in technical discussions and help make technical trade-offs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to convey a product strategy to partners and senior leaders.
- Team player: ability to interface and build relations at all levels
- Experience creating and deploying products and capabilities in an Agile environment
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Strong technical leadership, data driven product management and prioritization skills, analytical problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to collaborate, build consensus, deliver, and drive technical decisions with various sized customer stakeholder groups
Demonstrated knowledge of SQL/MySQL, Experience using technologies like Python, Spark, Google
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
REQ ID R0078948