It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The Role and the Team
At Proofpoint, the members of our Sales Engineering team are highly valued business partners that play a critical role in our sales process every single day.
As a Senior Sales Engineer working with Enterprise accounts in Singapore, you will be one of the most important members of the Proofpoint sales team. You will become a trusted advisor to both the Account Managers you are paired with, as well as our current and future customers. As a technical liaison and subject matter expert on all things Proofpoint, you will help to deliver People-Centric solutions that protect against today’s cyber threats.
You will get to develop and tell a compelling story that will excite your customer and have them eager to hear more. Your story may include onsite product demonstrations, white-boarding sessions, mini-trainings, Lunch-n-Learns, Proof-of-Concept, Production Evaluations, all in pursuit of providing a solution to your customer that you will take pride in being a part of. It’s an exciting time to be at Proofpoint!
- The Senior Sales Engineer is the Technical Lead for the Proofpoint Pre-Sales process, including
- Collaborate with the sales team to develop and execute targeted account penetration strategies
- Build trust and rapport with customers and prospects in person, and be their main technical point of contact throughout the process
- Deliver compelling product demonstrations that address today’s most pressing cyber threats
- Work closely with customer/prospect security staff for technical discovery, as well as planning, execution and wrap up of Proof-of-Concept (POC) and Production Evaluations
- You will design and champion complex People-Centric Security solutions encompassing the entire Proofpoint portfolio
- You may, occasionally, be called upon to assist in professional services deployments, technical training, and to present at or attend industry seminars and/or trade shows
- You will be able to provide valuable customer insight and real-world experiences to Product Management, Marketing and Product Development (Engineering) teams to help keep our solutions the best in the industry
- You will become an expert in Email Security Gateways, Advanced Persistent Threats, Attack Protection, Threat Response, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), and the threat landscape
Senior level duties
- Mentoring new team members in multiple areas including Proofpoint products, sales process, and relationship management with both customers and account managers
- Develop and deliver training presentations to peers, account managers, and other teams within Proofpoint
- Contribute across all corporate communication channels, write and help upkeep internal documentation and training
Help develop solutions to common challenges and establish processes within the local team, department, and across the sales engineering organization
- 6+ years of hands on technical experience, either as a Sales/Systems Engineer, Technical Account Manager, Security Engineer or senior level product support, preferably in the cyber-security industry
- Proven track record developing and maintaining customer relationships through in person meetings, ideally in a local territory
- Experience working with large (Enterprise) clients/organizations
- Self-starter and ability to own and drive initiatives
- History of conducting large-scale assessments and/or evaluations, including managing expectations, deliverables, and complex systems as well as the teams that support them
- Comfortable presenting to individuals and/or teams including technical staff through C-suite
- You have experience in Enterprise or Cloud Security, including cloud/SaaS platforms, messaging, data, network, endpoint, NOC/SOC, or MSP-related cybersecurity
- Experience selling and positioning a platform is highly valued
- Exposure to at least two of the following skill sets are recommended
- Cloud security and shadow IT monitoring
- IT security, vulnerability or risk assessments, and policy enforcement
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP), compliance and privacy
- Enterprise email solutions such as Exchange, G-Suite, Lotus Domino or working knowledge of SMTP
- Additional skills that are added bonuses include
- Directory Services and protocols such as AD, Azure AD, LDAP, iDP (identity providers)
- Email authentication (SPF, DKIM, DMARC)
- Networking and protocols such as SMTP, DNS, LDAP, HTTP, etc.
- Experience with frameworks such as MITRE and/or NIST
- You have a background in consultative approach to solving problems and/or have a strong desire to pivot your career towards a sales direction
- You can thrive in a fast paced, high-energy environment
- You can work independently, adapt quickly and maintain a positive attitude
- Strong PowerPoint, presentation and organizational skills are a must
- CISSP or other relevant cyber-security and/or cloud security certifications are valued
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience
Protecting people is at the heart of our award-winning lineup of cybersecurity solutions, and the people who work here are the key to our success. We’re a customer-focused and a driven-to-win organization with leading-edge products. We are an inclusive, diverse, multinational company that believes in culture fit, but more importantly ‘culture-add’, and we strongly encourage people from all walks of life to apply.
We believe in hiring the best and the brightest to help cultivate our culture of collaboration and appreciation. Apply today and explore your future at Proofpoint! #LifeAtPFPT
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!