You have a passion for the craft and a strong desire to grow as professional. You strike the right balance between being technology purist and getting things done. You know that making things right is hard and requires a high level of discipline and dedication. You are eager to become part of a high calibre team delivering unique user experiences, enjoy the opportunity to witness the results of your work used by millions of users and long-term consequences of your decisions.
We are looking for an Android Developer with a passion for native application development. In this role, you will play a vital role in implementing PropertyGuru’s vision to be a property seeker’s trusted advisor.
As a developer working on Android mobile applications, you’ll drive new innovations and build beautiful user experiences.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve the software.
- Build reusable Android components.
- Monitor the performance of the live app and continuously improve it on both code and experience level.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability Work on bug fixing and improving application performance Collaborate with QA on automated and manual testing to make sure our app releases are always worthy.
- Raise the bar by reviewing each other's code, share knowledge, tips & tricks, and generally help out – within and across teams.
- This may include pair programming.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency and can help the team at any stage of the development life cycle.
- Monitoring app reviews to detect areas for improvement.
- 5 years of professional Android application development experience.
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology, or related fields.
- Up to date on the modern Android programming paradigm, including the use of Kotlin, Coroutines, MVVM.
- Good understanding of dependency injection frameworks like Dagger or Hilt or Koin Strong UX/UI design exposure and experience in making apps work intuitively and with pixel perfect interfaces.
- Working knowledge of several architectural approaches, caching, data storage, and security.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Familiarity with Firebase.
- Collaborative attitude, ability to take ownership.
- Good to having knowledge of Robolectric.
Good to have: showcase of open-source projects, portfolio of apps on Play Store, technical blogs