As an employee, you will be empowered by our community work culture, where everyone has the autonomy, support, and resources to do the best work of their careers. As we evolve our journey to help people make confident property decisions, we stay true to our core values to guide the way we work and the decisions we make every step of the way: we own it and deliver it, we have fun and celebrate success, we respect and care for each other, we push beyond good, and we create what is next.
Our Data Science team is empowered to build unique and compelling user experiences using machine learning and data.
About The Team
- You will be part of the Data Science and Analytics (DSA) team. This team is currently comprised of 7 data analysts, 5 data scientists and 1 data engineer who are from 5 different countries. We have diverse team with majority of team members based out of Singapore. A couple them are based in Vietnam. Between the data analysts they support the regional business needs.
- Our team has been working on some very interesting problems from search optimization, recommendations, computer vision, natural language processing and reinforcement learning to push the business metrics to their bounds. You get to work closely with the team members on various projects besides the business teams.
- The Head of Data Analytics is a newly created role to help support the business and team support is growth.
- The data science team interacts, on a regular basis, with the product management teams to help them understand the user behaviour and help them make informed decisions. You get to interact with the marketing team to help them write a lot of data driven content or help them work out an optimal way to spend their marketing dollars. For example, one of the projects involves in how we use churn models to proactively prevent it or how do we use reinforcement learning methodologies to optimize revenue.
- Our current stack is based on Python, Google Analytics and Google BigQuery. The manage the data updates through jobs in Airflow. Almost all of our dashboards are currently developed using Tableau and Looker and a handful of them exists in Google Studio
What will you do?
- You will manage and grow the existing data analyst team and establish an off-shore business intelligence operations.
- Actively build relationships with stakeholders across the business; technical data and development teams and commercial teams (both insight generators and insight users) ranging from marketing and product to operations and finance. This will enable you to deliver successful outcomes for the business organizations. This will also require you to juggle multiple priorities in a fast changing environment.
- You will be working collaboratively with them to use data to positively inform and influence the business decisions at PropertyGuru. You will be responsible for the delivery of all analytics and reporting across the PropertyGuru’s organizations.
- You will be responsible for development and management of the data analysis and business intelligence frameworks and tools.
- You will leverage the team to help create compelling narratives to help drive action. For example, why certain property listings get significantly higher page views that their peers? What actions do consumer/users browsing on the property take before they zero in on the right property? These are some of the many questions that get asked of our data analyst team in PropertyGuru. These questions drive our product development decisions and inform and recommend action items for the marketing and advertising campaigns.
- You will also be taking part, together with your team, to help them define, evaluate and report the Key business metrics for the businesses. You will spend time to understand the drivers of the metrics to help the stakeholders understand the potential reasons and hypothesis for the changes. Some of these are related to the A/B experimentations that are performed on the users and products as part of their development.
- Since most of these analyses are driving important decisions, you will need to ensure that these analyses are repeatable and accessible to all with appropriate documentation.
- You will be responsible to support the strategic planning to help strength existing opportunities and support in identifying new opportunities for the continued growth of the businesses.
Knowledge, Skills And Attributes
- 7+ years’ experience as a data analyst or a business intelligence or quantitative analysis role.
- At least 2 years in managing diverse team of data analysts with a track record of being a great people manager. Experience with off-shore business intelligence team will be beneficial.
- Experience working with Product teams would be a plus.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to cross functional business partners of varying technical levels.
- Ability to create roadmap and plans outlining the priorities and objectives for the business.
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrate a high degree of initiative, creativity, and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in any data visualization tool like Tableau, Looker.
- Experience in writing efficient SQL queries and a programming language (Python preferred) would be a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field. Alternatively, lesser qualifications with strong experience in data analysis will also be considered
PropertyGuru Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative and learning environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to gender, identity, race, religion, nationality, age, marital status, disability, or any other protected status, per applicable law. If there is anything we can do to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.