You have a passion for the craft and a strong desire to grow as a professional. You understand the right balance between being technology purist and getting things done, and You know that making things right is hard and requires a high level of discipline and dedication. You are eager to become part of a high calibre team delivering unique user experience, enjoy the opportunity to witness the results of your work used by millions of users and long-term consequences of your decisions.
You will a part of the consumer tech team responsible for the development and maintenance of consumer products such as responsive website, backend APIs, property search engine, user experience to name a few. Your primary focus will be driving user conversion by developing tech solutions that help our consumer find their dream home. We take pride in solving complex problems for our users and aimed to be their trusted advisor, so having a strong consumer empathy is a must-have. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the complicated system, hence a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products are essential.
- Demonstrate expertise in software design patterns, with a passion for developing clean and reusable code.
- Show thought leadership by mentoring and assisting tech/non-tech staff within the PropertyGuru Group.
- Take ownership of software development aspects, such as architectural discussions, sprint planning, quality of product and code and user experience.
- Collaborate with other talented engineers spread across a multitude of tech teams in Singapore & Bangkok.
- Proven track record of building scalable, high-quality software solutions.
- Experience of working at a product-oriented company.
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodology, and ability of proactively manage task, projects and issues.
- 5+ years of web development experience using LAMP stack, Node.js, Java, or similar technologies
- Possess a strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming, especially in PHP
- Exposure to collaboration tools like GitHub, JIRA, Confluence
- Experience in frameworks such as Symfony 2, Express.js, NestJs, or proven ability to learn on the job
- Experience with Elasticsearch will be a plus
- Self-motivated, fast learner, detail-oriented, team player and a sense of humor
PropertyGuru Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative and learning environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to gender, identity, race, religion, nationality, age, marital status, disability, or any other protected status, per applicable law. If there is anything we can do to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.