We are looking for a Solution Architect who is technical and collaborative to join our Customer Success team. Solution Architect will onboarding new customers by providing technical guidance and best practices for optimizing usage and implementation of PubNub for scalable real-time solutions. Solution Architect will regularly engage with existing customers to understand satisfaction level, promote new features, and have insight on their desired outcomes.
The preferred candidate should be highly motivated to engage with customers, build relationships with VP & C-level executives, and advise customers on the value of leveraging PubNub for building real-time app solutions such as chat, messaging, notifications, collaboration, or IoT device control.
The qualified candidate should have at least 2 to 4 years as a Solution Architect, Sales Engineer, or similar technical sales experience working with a highly technical solution such as APIs, developer platforms, or similar cloud solutions. The Solution Architect will work closely with existing customers on optimizing their implementation of PubNub’s SDKs and APIs to build engaging user experiences and surface customer feedback to drive future product development.
Direct Responsibility Includes
- Partner in customer calls and on-site meetings to provide technical consulting, project review, design submission, best practices, and successful implementations for customer applications in gaming, telehealth, eLearning, live streaming, ecommerce, and IoT.
- Lead technical meetings with customers to define application architecture, address questions and concerns, educate customers on how to best use PubNub, and tell a compelling story to articulate the benefits and features of leveraging PubNub to build real-time solutions.
- Document customer technical designs and project requirements to facilitate architecture discussions, drive success with implementations and inform customers with best practices for building solutions on PubNub.
- Be the voice of your customers — you will gather the nuanced requirements and product feedback from customers to inform PubNub’s product team on product development needs and bridging current product gaps and deliver these insights to the product team.
Desirable Skills, Knowledge, And Experience
- At least 2 years (4+ preferred) as a solution architect, solution engineer, or similar technical sales experience talking with customers, product managers, and developers at both a conceptual and high technical level. You feel comfortable and confident talking to VP’s and C-level executives including CTOs, and heads of engineering and product teams.
- Technical knowledge and experience with topics such as REST, SQL, and how to make a CURL request.
- Strong developer skills and experience in at least one of the above languages with at least 3 years experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for articulating customer needs and collaborating internally with PubNub product and engineering teams.
- Familiarity with Web Services and SaaS companies using REST APIs, along with networking concepts like TCP/IP and HTTP.
- Understanding how applications are designed, architected and built for web and mobile applications with an insatiable appetite for continuous learning through hands-on work
- Location: Singapore
- Note: This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
- You have previously built a browser-based web app before and/or a mobile app
- You have knowledge of HTTP long polling, WebRTC, and WebSockets
- You are great at keynote or another presentation software tool and know how to use the animation features to help illustrate a complex process.
Note:This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.