A career at PwC is more than “just” a job. It’s about being part of a purpose-led firm that builds trust in society and solves important problems. We help our clients to make informed decisions and operate effectively within them. At PwC, we are committed to making a difference for each other, our clients, and our community — by empowering you to be the best version of yourself and investing in your growth. You’ll be able to develop as a leader, be well-connected, work in a great environment, explore our benefits and make a positive contribution.
With PwC, you’ll ignite a meaningful career while being supported by a strong coaching and people-oriented culture, our Flex policies (Flex Space, Flex Dress and Flex Time), innovative learning and development programs (training programs, digital upscaling) as well as mobility opportunities.
We are seeking an Associate level person to join us in our Deals, Data and Analytics practice
Deals Data & Analytics is at the core of analytics within PwC Deals and is poised to be one of our highest growth teams. We focus on the application of leading edge analytical and modelling techniques to help clients make decisions and solve problems. We work on some of the most high-profile deals in the market, across a wide range of clients and sectors.
Deals Data & Analytics sits within the Transaction Services team in Deals and provides support to private equity firms, investment funds and corporate clients through mergers, acquisitions and disposals.
We are now looking to recruit Associates looking for a challenge in deals with a specific focus on Data Analytics. We are looking for a diverse mix of people with a commercial mindset who can quickly get to the crux of business issues and deliver commercially “game changing” insight to our clients, enhancing value through compelling analysis. If you are naturally inquisitive, have an analytical mind and enjoy solving problems in a rigorous and logical manner, for a variety of different businesses then this is the role for you.
What We Do
Every assignment is different, but we broadly define our offerings under the key headings;
- Deal Analytics – Using advanced analytical tools to increase confidence both before and during the deal through detailed analysis (customer segmentation, product profitability, pricing etc.)
- Post Deal - driving performance transparency (strategic planning and reporting) and value creation to support the investment thesis through a technology enabled approach e.g. margin optimisation, strategic options analysis and operational effectiveness.
- Accelerated Insights - delivering value creation opportunities using intelligent analytics to corporate and portfolio companies (e.g. enabling data driven decision making across sales teams, HR or finance functions)
About The Role
As an Associate you will be supporting a broad range of projects with a specific focus on data analytics. Your first assignment may be working with CFOs or CEOs of leading PE backed or listed businesses to:
- Assess shareholder return by implementing rapid analytics to assess the value drivers of the target business;
- Guide management’s pricing decisions by evaluating the impact of price on margins and volume;
- Understand the performance of different customers and products by applying techniques such as cohort analysis and clustering;
- Implement better data driven decision making within Private Equity backed companies through use-case driven analytics (e.g. Sales team performance and effectiveness dashboards).
Your responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Working in multidisciplinary teams directly with our clients to use data analysis and visualisation - either within, before or after a Deal process to answer critical commercial questions
- Clear and concise communication of complex concepts and their business benefits to senior management (both internally and externally) from a range of backgrounds and business areas to help clients make robust, evidence-based decisions
- Connecting the dots from disparate information streams (e.g. extracts from client system, management reports etc.) and turning them into structured data that can be analysed as part of a project to provide greater insight to our clients
- Drafting reports and presentations and using data visualisation to explain our findings
- Supporting the team to develop and pitch for opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree or above from a reputable university, preferably with specialization in Mathematics, Statistics, Decisions Sciences, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics
- Minimum 2 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models.
- Strong experience in using advanced analytics tools (e.g. Alteryx, Tableau, PowerBI, Python etc.)
- Exceptional analytical and technical aptitude, possess both financial and commercial acumen and enjoy problem solving to understand the drivers of a business, analyse their data and use this to provide insight and advice to our clients
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and self-starter mentality, and be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity with little supervision to come up with creative solutions to complex problems and develop these ideas into structured deliverable projects
- Experience in Accounting, Finance, and or Deals environment
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as Tableau, QlikView and Power BI.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SQL, etc.
- Good presentation skills, both oral and written
- Good client management skills, authoritative and credible in a client conversation - both in terms of personal style and subject matter expertise
PwC is able bring to those who join us
- The opportunity of working hand-in-hand with a strong and fast-growing team of multi-competency advisory professionals amidst an environment of camaraderie and entrepreneurial growth
- Ability to leverage our Advisory practice that comprises multiple competencies and therefore enables the provision of a more complete solution to clients
- And last but not the least, access to the global PwC network
Our commitment to you
- Our team has constructed sophisticated training programs in order to equip and support commercially minded individuals with best practice techniques through technical training in advanced analytics.
- Upon joining the team, you will participate in a wide range of training programs, conducted by internal and external specialists, in order to develop your proficiency in data analytics and visualisation tools such as Alteryx, PowerBI and Tableau. These training programs are combined with work shadowing, on the job coaching and an amicable team culture that will support you in developing your skills and career within the team.
We offer opportunities for accelerated personal and professional growth, and a long career at PwC
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified due to the high number of applicants for this role.