PwC's Experience Centre is a leading digital consultancy. We help businesses, not-for-profits and governments create value and improve the way they work. From improving healthcare, to creating smarter cities and igniting South East Asia’s start up industry, you’ll build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re here because we love what we do and think we can be the best at it. Our culture is magnetic, our workplace is state-of-the-art, and beautifully purpose-built, and we have the skills and personalities fuelling us to be bold, experimental, creative, and truly disruptive.
If you love to code and solve problems, then you're in the right place. Our reason for existing is to make awesome stuff, solve big problems, and to have fun doing it. If you are creative and want to be part of a team of people for whom innovation and quality are the top priorities, then you belong here.
As part of our tech team, you will develop new applications and modify existing applications for internal and external clients. You’ll also spend a lot of time building tools to make things better for all of us. In addition to excellent programming abilities, you will need strong organisational skills and reasoning abilities. You should also have solid analytical skills to identify, triage and fix problems with software.
You should be a creative problem-solver to develop ways for correcting performance issues and satisfying both technical and consumer needs. Above all, you need to be ready to flex. Every day is not the same, and you might find yourself doing something different each morning.
About the Role
- Develop and maintain functional and fast responsive web applications
- Design overall architecture of web and server-side applications for us and for clients
- Troubleshoot apps for bugs, fix bugs if necessary and improve usability
- Revisit and improve apps for performance improvements
- Troubleshoot UI and improve its performance accordingly
- Employ the latest technology to rebuild legacy apps
- Integrate UI elements with server-side ones
- Detect and fulfill front-end and back-end requirements
- Perform training and support activities
- Develop reusable code
- Write comprehensive manuals and documentation
- Compile prototype and quality mockups
- Make sure to maintain high-quality design, experience and performance standards
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 2 - 4 years of relevant experience, preferably in a professional services firm
- Prior experience in designing of overall architecture of web and server-side applications
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of said applications
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features for existing applications
- Maintain code integrity and organisation
- Experience working with graphic designers and converting designs to visual elements
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection
- API design and development
- RESTful services
- CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS
- Highly experienced with server infrastructure, deployment and maintenance (Linux and Windows Server) – especially in the cloud (Azure, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud)
- Development experience that is device agnostic – mobile, desktop, tablet, large format
- Experience with cloud messaging APIs and usage of push notifications
- Proficient usage of code versioning tools (Git)