- Masters or degree in computer science or a relevant subject
- Strong coding skills in Python, experience with pandas, scikit-learn, matplotlib a huge plus
- Practical experience with machine learning methods, such as Linear Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forest, Deep Learning, etc.
- Experience in object-orientated programming such as C, C++, Java OR Scala
- Deep understanding of good software engineering principles
- Knowledge of technologies, such as Spark, Hadoop/MapReduce is desirable but not essential
- Good knowledge of testing frameworks and libraries
- Experience with a range of database management languages e.g. SQL, PostgreSQL
What You'll Do
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you are a keen problem solver who uses technology to solve complex analytical problems. You have a deep interest in Big Data technologies, Analytics and Data Science. You know how to engineer beautiful code in Python and/or Scala (and Spark) but also can read R and take pride in what you produce.
- Work closely with data scientists and data engineers to productionise and deploy machine learning models
- Work with the guild leadership to set the standards for software engineering practices within the machine learning engineering team and support across other disciplines
- Play an active role in leading team meetings and workshops with clients
- Choose and use the right analytical libraries, programming languages, and frameworks for each task
- Produce high-quality code that allows us to put solutions into production
- Refactor code into reusable libraries, APIs, and tools
- Help us to shape the next generation of our products
- Rotate between client project work and internal product development in alignment with your personal development plan
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in Singapore and have the opportunity to work on complex problems with our clients across a number of domains. You will work part of a highly collaborative and cross-functional team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers
Who You Are
A core value at QuantumBlack is fusion and at the heart of our multi-disciplinary teams is the belief that the sum of individual parts will always be less than the impact of the entire team. You are a highly collaborative individual who is capable of laying aside your own agenda, listening to and learning from colleagues, challenging thoughtfully and prioritising impact. You search for ways to improve things and work collaboratively with colleagues. You believe in iterative change, experimenting with new approaches, learning and improving to move forward quickly. Trust between colleagues is paramount here – you are an individual who can always be trusted to work in the best interests of all colleagues and to achieve the best outcome for QuantumBlack and our clients. You are naturally enthusiastic and enjoy sharing your passion with others.