The LINK Engineering Section is working on Rakuten LINK application which is a communication app deeply integrated with Rakuten ecosystem and other businesses. We are looking for a new team member who shares a passion for making high quality native Android Application.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Tech leads to flesh out details and execute on requirements, with a keen eye towards quality
- Work with offshore and backend teams to develop robust end-to-end features
- Responsible for unit testing and ensuring quality of own code
- Make others better through mentoring, sharing knowledge and promoting a collaborative team culture
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical discipline
- Experience with Android Development in Java/Kotlin Android environments
- Experience with Android frameworks Experience in mobile design patterns (MVVM, MVC etc.)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
- Knowledge of open-source and commercial libraries commonly used in the Android ecosystem (okhttp, retrofi etc.)
- Strong passion for code quality and not allergic to unit tests
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment
- Be eager to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving constructive feedback.
- Google FCM knowledge
- Good understanding of Web services and SOA related standards like REST/JSON
- Published Android Apps on Google Play
- Some iOS development experience Swift/Objective C
- Qualifications Experience in mobile design patterns (Redux)
- Building mobile frameworks / SDKs
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining an Android app
Rakuten is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.