Rakuten Asia's is on the lookout for a Data Engineer to join our Data Platform Department. Working together with the Data Engineering Team, your responsibilities are to design and develop Rakuten's Global Data Platform for US and EU. You will also work closely with Rakuten's Data Team in Japan to develop internal data project improvements and fully improve the utilization of data and data-driven innovations in Rakuten.
- Be involved in the entire data platform development process, including infrastructure, data platform service development, data ETL (batch and streaming), and data solution implementation.
- POC and adopting new technologies to improve data platform management in large-scale high throughput.
Skills and Experiences:
- Strong programming and SQL skills.
- Knowledge in distributed systems, e.g. Mesos, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka.
- Knowledge in different DB system types, e.g. Relational DB, Column DB, Document DB, KV.
- Knowledge in LINUX based system operation and shell scripting.
- Knowledge in RESTful API development.
- Experience in java, python and scala programming.
- Comfortable with git version control.
- Good knowledge of system, application status monitoring.
- Enthusiastic and interested in new open-source projects.
- Large scale data pipeline management experience.
- Streaming pipeline development experience.
Rakuten is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age