Shortlisted candidate will be assigned to data engineering team in Data Platform Department in Singapore.
- Design and develop Rakuten Global Data Platform
- Work closely with Rakuten global Data Team for internal data project improvement,
- Fully improve the data utilization and data driven innovation in Rakuten
- Design, architect & build data platform as well as system status monitoring.
- Involve in a business analysis planning & monitoring.
- Analyse stakeholder's needs, scope the problem and develop business case to address the problem.
- Ensure best practise & optimal design of data warehouse model, not limited to indexing, partition, etc.
- Design conceptual and logical data models, flowcharts, architecture diagram.
- Define security and backup procedures.
- Ensure company’s Infosec policies are followed & implemented.
- Have a understanding in GDPR, CCPA & data management.
- Work closely with Engineering Director, Project Managers, Senior Engineers from planning, design, implementation to release stage.
- Cross-region & cross-functional collaboration.
Skills & Experiences:
- Strong in hands-on with SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, Containers (Kubernetes).
- Good exposure to Public Cloud Platform like Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining data ingestion, processing systems.
- Team player with strong organisation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Comfortable with open-source technology.
- Comfortable with git version control.
- Has a good knowledge of Big Data ecosystem & architecture.
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies.
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science.
- 10+ years of working experience in software development.
- 6+ years of Python, Scala, Java development experience.
- 6+ years of SQL experience (No-SQL experience is a plus).
- 6+ years of experience with schema design and optimized schema design.
- A highly organized and energetic professional, able to manage and prioritize tasks across multiple concurrent deliverables.
- Problem-solving attitude.
Rakuten is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.