The LINK Engineering Section is working on Rakuten LINK application which is a communication app deeply integrated with Rakuten ecosystem and other businesses. We are looking for a new team member who can contribute as a Full-Stack developer to our LINK product:
- Work closely with Product Managers, Tech leads to flesh out details and execute on requirements, with a keen eye towards quality
- Work with offshore and backend teams to develop robust end-to-end features
- Responsible for unit testing and ensuring quality of own code
- Make others better through mentoring, sharing knowledge and promoting a collaborative team culture
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical discipline
- Experience with Electron framework and development of web applications
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
- Knowledge of open-source and commercial libraries
- Strong passion for code quality and not allergic to unit tests
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment
- Be eager to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving constructive feedback.
- Firebase knowledge
- Good understanding of Web services and SOA related standards like REST/JSON
- Some experience on backend APIs, microservices
- Qualifications Experience in design patterns
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining web & desktop applications
Rakuten is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.