Data Science & AI Department, under the Tech Division, lead the transformation of Rakuten by the commercialization of Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Computing, and Machine Intelligence Technologies for Rakuten businesses.
With access to Rakuten’s ecosystem of more than 70 services, global businesses, and technology expertise across Asia, Europe, and the Americas, the AI Solutions Incubation Section goal is to ideate, develop and provide transformative AI products in the fields of Commerce, Financial Services, Marketing, and other Rakuten focus areas. AI Solutions Incubation Section accelerates the adoption and impact of AI/ML technologies via utilizing billions of consumer and industry data points accumulated within Rakuten’s ecosystem.
We are looking for a Product Manager (Internship) who will assist in the creation of Rakuten’s data products to deliver AI/ML solutions, drive growth, and collaborate across the company to accelerate incubation and delivery of new AI/ML-based capabilities to impact the entire Rakuten ecosystem. You will work with business leaders across the organization to understand the challenges that can be solved through innovative AI/ML-based solutions, and you will lead the teams to deliver those solutions.
We are looking for a driven, enthusiastic Product Management intern who can work with the AI Solutions product team on challenging assignments. The assignments may involve one/more of the following:
- Deep diving into industry trends
- Analyzing end-customer problems through data analysis, investigations, and first-hand studies
- Creating solutions to end customer problems detailing out workflows, user experience, and system interactions
- Contributing to business cases through analysis of options, point of view creation
- Working with product engineering teams on potential new features or prototypes
Desirable background may include prior exposure like
- Experience with ideation or new ventures e.g. business or tech roles with startups, new initiatives within a large organization, business consulting/analyst role in greenfield projects, the entrepreneurial experience will be a plus.
- Gather insights on product adoption/improvements, track KPIs, identify key metrics, and propose further iterations.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional stakeholders from Product, Engineering, Design, Data, and Operations to bring ideas to life.
- Work with Product Managers by using data to understand customer behavior and performance of features; be data-driven in estimating the size of impact and determining prioritization.
- Knowledge or familiarity with eCommerce, FinTech, or RegTech industry, companies or trends
- Data analysis
- User experience research or User experience design Required Skills
- Software Development background
- Basic data analysis using excel
- Good communication and presentation skills
Rakuten is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief, or age.