As a Project Manager in the Core Platform Section, you will be responsible for mobile marketing service development (web application and mobile software development kit), a core component of our digital marketing platform. Your team will have peers in Tokyo and Bangalore. In this distributed circumstance, the team will be driving many projects and operations for our AD/Marketing activities.
Your day-to-day task will be stakeholder management (located in Japan, India and Singapore), requirement gathering, business & system KPI (Key Performance Indicator) analysis, project leading and entire development process/software life-cycle managements (including process management of technical software design, implementation, quality assurance, delivery and post-release production support). You will be expected to showcase your strong communications skills with stakeholders (like business and development team, including your reporting line,) while demonstrating a sense of ownership of the development project.
- Work closely with remote stakeholders to define proper project goals and business/functional requirements
- Be engaged in the whole process of the development project (requirement gathering, technical software design, implementation, quality assurance, operation/maintenance notification to stakeholders) as the project manager
- Work closely with the tech lead and other engineering persons to achieve project goals defined by you through streamline communication in English. Stakeholders are in Japan and India as well.
- Find out business pain points through close day-to-day communication with business teams, and propose your solution to solve these issues
- Capture improvement points based on KPIs and create/execute an improvement plan
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of systems, and propose system improvements aligning with your engineering team
- Guide and support members as a mentor and be a role model to improve team productivity and achieve organizational goals together
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- English: Business Level or above (required)
- Ability to build a strong working relationship between technical and non-technical staff
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and guide team members to cultivate good working relationships and achieve goals together
- Strong skills and experiences to write spec documents
- Strong skills and experiences to develop quality assurance plans and procedures
- Basic knowledge on Computer Science, software development, and Mobile services
- Strong interest in Marketing and Mobile
- Knowledge of development methodology (Agile and Scrum)
- Familiarity with the digital marketing industry landscape
- Experience in KPI management including AD delivery and marketing activity performance evaluations
- Experience in project management in software development
- Work experience with distributed teams
- Familiarity with project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence
- Experience in web application development as a software engineer
Rakuten is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.