Rakuten Asia's Core Platform Section is on the lookout for a Senior Data Engineer responsible for developing our online marketing platform. You will be required to demonstrate strong direct marketing experience across multiple marketing channels and strong technical knowledge to process big data systems for efficient marketing activity support. You must understand our business requirements to deliver well-orchestrated systems. Additional, you will oversee team development/enhancement to uphold Rakuten's high competency in the digital advertisement industry.
This position will work primarily on developing and maintaining our advertisement data platform (e-commerce, travel, etc.)
- Development and maintenance of our online marketing platform while considering business demands and available system assets.
- Work on the entire process of web application development.
- Be involved in the whole application life cycle: architecture design, middleware selection, development, configuration setting, application release and production system operation.
- Demonstrate ownership of service/system by detecting root causes and recovery with team members proactively in case of trouble.
- Propose new technologies, middlewares or tools to improve the system's architecture.
- Showcase efficient communication abilities and build consensus among stakeholders in local and overseas teams.
Skills and Experiences:
- 5+ years of professional experience in Java web application development or other equivalent programming languages.
- Strong knowledge/experience in Linux operating systems
- Experienced in SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL) with JPA, Hibernate
- Experienced in practical usage of Big Data Technology (Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Kafka)
- Experienced in Batch development (Sprint Batch etc.)
- Experienced in hands-on guidance of team members
- Familiar with various OSS and able to investigate, evaluate and adopt it to the system
- Experienced in deploying, monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting of high availability and huge traffic systems.
- Experienced in NoSQL (Couchbase, Redis, Elastic Search, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Experienced in Scala
- Experienced in practical use Web Framework (Sprint Boot, Akka HTTP)
- Practical knowledge of system performance tuning including OS, middleware, JVM, and application
- Experienced in system design and development of data processing under distributed environment including both batch and streaming
- Contributions to OSS
- Knowledge of online AD or marketing business and related technologies
- Familiar with statistical analysis and machine learning
- Deep knowledge of Database
Rakuten is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.