Rakuten Asia is on the lookout for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Core Platform Section, Tracking & Reporting Group. Responsibilities will include development of our on-line marketing platform, overseeing the team’s developments and making enhancements to achieve our goals in the digital advertisement industry. The shortlisted candidate will work closely with teams in Japan and India for maintenance and development on our Advertising data platform.
You will be required to have good marketing experience across multiple marketing channels with strong technical knowledge to process big data and systems that supports our marketing activity efficiently.
Your main responsibility will be development and maintenance of our on-line marketing platform. You will also need to understand both business demands and available system assets.
- Understand structured and unstructured datasets
- Involved in the whole process of application development life cycle (architecture design, middleware selection, development, configuration setting, application release and production system operation)
- Troubleshooting, detecting root cause and recovering any issues with your team members proactively and taking ownership of the service/system
- Proposing new technologies, middle-wares, tools etc. to improve architecture of systems
- Create and automate the data workflows such as extraction, transformation, load (ETL)
- Identify gaps or opportunities in AD/Marketing performance, develop potential solutions to fill those gaps
- Work closely with teams in Singapore, Japan and India by showcasing good stakeholder management
- Enhance, educate, and guide other members to achieve high agility and good contribution to the business
- Bring good knowledge / experience to the team by catching up on latest technologies/trends related to the advertisement industry
- 5+ years of professional experience in application development of data pipeline/processing under distributed environment including both batch and streaming application
- Complete at least 2 full SDLC cycles (from idea creation to production deployment)
- Strong knowledge on Linux operating system
- Strong knowledge on practical usage Big Data Technology (Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Apache Spark, Apache Flink, Kafka, etc.)
- Practical knowledge of system performance tuning including OS, middleware, JVM, and application
- Hands-on experience and guidance to team members
- Familiar with various OSS and be able to investigate, evaluate and adopt to the system
- Experience in deploying, monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting of high availability and huge traffic system
- Experience of NoSQL (Couchbase, Redis, Elastic Search, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Experience of Scala
- Experience with Agile development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of on-line AD or marketing business and related technologies
- Familiar with statistical analysis and machine learning
- Contributing to OSS
Rakuten is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age