As a Software Engineer with the Core Platform Section, you will be responsible for web application development, a core component of our digital marketing platform. You will be required to demonstrate strong direct marketing insight across multiple marketing channels as well as strong technical knowledge so as to implement user stories into the platform, and support marketing activity efficiently. You must understand our business requirements to deliver well-orchestrated system as your responsibilities. Lastly, you will also be placed in charge of team development/enhancement to achieve Rakuten’s high competency in the digital advertisement industry.
- Your main responsibility will be to develop and maintain our online marketing platform while simultaneously taking into consideration both business demands and available system assets.
- Work on entire processes of web application development including requirement definitions and UI/UX design.
- Lead front-end UI/UX development and catch up with latest technologies to apply it to our products.
- Be involved in the whole process of application life cycle: architecture design, middleware selection, development, configuration setting, application release and production system operation.
- Take ownership of service/system: In case of trouble, you will be responsible to detect root causes and recover with team members proactively.
- Improve architecture of our systems by proposing new technologies, middle-wares, tools, etc.
- Work closely with related teams in both Singapore and overseas, such as Japan and India.
- Showcase efficient communication ability and build consensus among stakeholders.
Skills and Experiences:
- More than 2 years of professional experience in web application development.
- Strong knowledge of React
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Web Design
- Knowledge of Linux operating system
- Experience of SQL (MySQL)
- Familiar with various OSS and able to investigate, evaluate and adopt it to the system
- Knowledge of Angular JS, Angular, Vue.js
- Knowledge of TypeScript
- Experience of NoSQL (MongoDB, Couchbase)
- Contributing to OSS
- Knowledge of on-line AD or marketing business and related technologies
Rakuten is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.