- Assigned to software development projects and/or system enhancements as a software engineer.
- Be engaged in a whole process of a development project (requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing/verification, deployment, operation/maintenance).
- Work closely with the product owner, scrum master, tech lead and other engineers.
- Strive to improve the design quality, code quality, testing quality and system quality.
- Understand business needs/user behaviours and develop solutions to meet those needs.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of systems and propose system improvements.
- 2 ~ 4 years of experience with the majority as a Java engineer
- Strong hands-on experience of large web application by Java, Spring Framework, Hibernate
- Strong knowledge and experience of RESTful web services, OSS (Linux, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis)
- Strong knowledge and experience of quality assurance and auto-testing method (Unit Testing/JUnit, Integration Testing, etc.)
- Familiarity with source control system (Git, SVN, etc), CI environment (Jenkins), and Maven
Good to have:
- Experience in working with a remote team
- Familiarity in ad/marketing solutions
- Familiarity in Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience in CSS, Front-end frameworks (React js / angularjs)
- Knowledge of performance testing, application tuning and load testing.
Rakuten is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.