We are looking for Software Engineers who are not only passionate and capable of tackling technical challenges, but also interested in working in a fast-paced business environment.
We offer a wide range of working areas as opportunities for our Software Engineers. You will be assigned to one of the following teams to:
- Work on large-scale web application developments in remotely distributed global environments.
- Work on the end-to-end of web applications that are widely used by our clients, consumers and Rakuten staff.
- Work on heavy traffic/high performance systems.
- Work on big data analysis for delivery optimization and recommendation at our marketing services.
- Assigned to a team responsible for Development and Operation of one of our marketing services/platforms.
- Be engaged in a process of development project as well as some of operation tasks.
- Development: Requirement Analysis > Basic Design > Detail Design > Construction > Unit Test > Integration Test > System Test > Release.
- Operation: System Monitoring, Data Manipulation, Alert Handling, System Operation.
- Work closely with project managers, team managers, other developers and QA lead/members, with some of them located in different locations
- Responsibilities are subject to change by the team/project which you are assigned to.
Skills and Experiences:
- Basic knowledge of server-client, network, software application, and database.
- 1 - 4 years experience in either Java, PHP, Perl, Ruby, Python, C, or C++ programming.
- Hands-on experience in system design, development and operation of web application with RDBMS.
- Hands-on experience of operations at Unix/Linux systems.
- Any experience in programming with modern frameworks, web front-end technologies, software application with OSS Middleware/technology platform, algorithm development, or data processing on Big Data technology platform.
Rakuten is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.