You will work on fulfilling Rakuten’s vision of world’s first fully virtualized telecom network, with some of the leading vendor partners in this domain. You will be responsible to lead the data security and privacy requirements as the increased scrutiny from regulatory bodies in various jurisdiction mandates compliance to the regional regulations like GDPR, CCPA, on activities, managing customer data privacy and user access. Since RCP’s products are deployed in a global market, this broad oversight is crucial for adhering to disparate regional requirements. You will have opportunities to define roadmaps for various regulatory requirements, work in highly dynamic environment for executing Rakuten’s vision of being market leader in cloud-native, virtualized 5G mobile network, as part of the security team.
- Establish policies, processes and procedures harmonized with local and international regulations for protecting the organization from data privacy protection risks.
- Formulate Data Privacy compliance objectives and roadmap for global locations as and when new deployment demands arise in various geolocations to prevent data exposure at any data usage.
- Ability to customize general policies to match with local regulation if need arises.
- Ensure excellence in data governance and data management operations in collaboration with legal and privacy to ensure appropriate control is established in the management and usage of data.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of internal stakeholders and global stakeholders to understand and respond to their needs and work effectively towards appropriate solutions.
- Closely coordinate with teams to understand data security and privacy requirements, identify areas for improvement, and provide consultation for data owners who collect data and data integration and data management, data analytics groups who consume data to meet the data privacy & protection requirement for ensuring end to end secure data flows and prevent data exposures.
- Closely work with data governance working groups to align the various data-related projects with data owners in the early design phase itself, balancing the data security and data privacy requirements.
- Development and implementation of data governance training in partnership with internal communication to raise awareness around data governance and best practices.
- Develop privacy by design awareness and culture in the organization
- Work with the Risk and Compliance, team to maximize effectiveness
- Manage the successful delivery of compliance projects ensuring technical excellence and a practical/business driven approach.
- Ensure senior management remain informed of regulatory, legislative and best practice changes and their obligations under these changes and how they impact the Group
- Provide regular reports to boards and other relevant bodies detailing any current issues or information as required.
- Participate in tools evaluation activities as and when required.
- Support, lead & provide oversight group projects as assigned and as required.
- Guide internal auditors or liaise with external auditors as required for fulfilment of regulatory and contractual security obligations.
What you will need to succeed in this role:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/ Engineering/ Information Systems/ Mathematics.
- Minimum 5 – 8 years of relevant experience in Cybersecurity and with an exposure to Data Privacy and protection.
- Ability to support multiple privacy regulations - as well as operational compliance initiatives - GDPR, CCPA.
- Knowledge on how to support the DSAR – Data subject user data access management in various privacy regulations like GDPR, CCPA.
- Experience in implementing data protection functions in an organisation.
- Excellent Knowledge & experience in data protection concepts like encryption, anonymization or pseudonym.
- Knowledge on data integration, data classification data catalogue, data mapping, data lineage and data management concept and awareness about the automation possibilities
- Knowledge in IT infrastructure with security frameworks and standards such as CSF, NIST, and other relevant security-related regulations.
- Ability to support Security certification like ISO 27000, SOC. With team members
- Data Governance and Stewardship Professional (DGSP) Data Management Body of Knowledge (DMBoK) or any other relevant certification.
- Strong analytical, Communication, negotiation skills, with the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment with international workforce with diversified work culture.
Rakuten is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Rakuten Mobile Singapore does not accept candidate referrals or resumes/ CVs from recruitment agencies with whom Rakuten Mobile Singapore does not have a contract. Rakuten Mobile Singapore will not accept any claim for payment for unsolicited referrals or resumes/ CVs.