You will work on fulfilling Rakuten’s vision of world’s first fully virtualized telecom cloud, with homegrown products developed by our world-class engineering team and also using solutions/products from leading vendor partners in this domain. You will have the opportunity to take the product from start to end, define roadmaps, executing Rakuten’s vision. As a product owner you will be responsible to understand end-customer business cases & requirements and thereafter drive the roadmap & development of cloud connectivity services ( virtualized networking) features on Rakuten Cloud Platform.
- As a Cloud Architect, you will be driving the products and the solutions for delivering the fully automated Cloud Solutions built on the principles cloud computing and automation that is going to power the next gen 5G use cases for residential and enterprise customers.
- Ability to quickly create and prototype solutions and document solutions and ability to present these to the architectural boards including the leadership teams.
- As a product architect you will be working hand in hand with the product owner you will be responsible in driving the various product/solution development phases such as defining a scope for the products and solutions, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit testing, and production deployment.
- Interface with end customers, sales team and other product managers to understand the customer’s Cloud requirements, help define the business case and work with the product teams in maximizing the value of the product by creating and managing the product backlog.
- Define, measure, and monitor key performance indicators and success metrics. Track trends and impact internal and external factor on these KPI’s. Identify and recommend any updates required.
- Perform market analysis of the industry landscape and positioning Rakuten Cloud Platforms differentiation.
- Work with product owners, product managers and engineering teams during the product launch and release readiness.
- Build Hands-on solutions, author blueprints and white papers to demonstrate the technology leadership within and across the teams.
What you will need to succeed in this role:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/ Engineering.
- 8-10+ years of experience as a Cloud Architect /Technical Product Manager/Solutions Consultant. Extensive customer and field facing experience is highly desirable for this role.
- Experience in the design and architecture of Mobile Backhaul for modern 5G based Telco Cloud Use cases using protocols and techniques such as ISIS, BGP, SR-MPLS, SRv6 etc.
- Understanding of requirement for slicing & slicing use cases in 5G and knowledge of designing a slicing architecture in transport network using BGP-VPNs, QOS & Segment routing.
- Experience working with a WAN SDN Controller like ODL, Juniper NorthStar, Nuage etc.
- Experience with working on network automation or network as a code. Experience with automation tools such as REST, Netconf, Ansible, Terraform and their applicability with network automation is a big plus.
- Experience in architecting end-end cloud data Center connectivity solutions that covers Data Center architectures such as ACI, BGP-EVPN-VXLAN or similar architecture-based. Fabric overlays to provide massively scalable fabric for telco cloud use cases and applications.
- Proven leadership ability and ability to work with leadership at all levels.
- Strong analytic reasoning skills and the ability to communicate with ease both internally within the company as well as externally with customers/partners.
- Proven problem-solving abilities and abilities to work with minimum supervision.
- Understanding of virtualization and Cloud Native architectures and technologies such as Openstack, VMWare, Kubernetes, OpenShift etc.
- Experience working with products and solutions such as include Opendaylight, ETSI OSM, ONAP etc.
- Experience working on Service Mesh, API Gateway and Ingress
- Good understanding of 5G architecture and 5G cloud infrastructure requirements.
- Server network acceleration techniques such as SRIOV, DPDK etc.
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum process models.
- CCIE/JNCIE/Openstack/CKA/CKAD or similar certifications.
Rakuten is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Rakuten Mobile Singapore does not accept candidate referrals or resumes/ CVs from recruitment agencies with whom Rakuten Mobile Singapore does not have a contract. Rakuten Mobile Singapore will not accept any claim for payment for unsolicited referrals or resumes/ CVs