You will work on fulfilling Rakuten’s vision of world’s first fully virtualized telecom cloud, with homegrown products developed by our world-class engineering team and also using solutions/products from leading vendor partners in this domain. In this role you will be responsible to design and architect end-end virtualized connectivity solutions on top of Rakuten Communications Platform. You will have the opportunity to take a holistic view of the architecture keeping in mind other interfacing systems, there by realizing Rakuten’s vision.
- As a Architect for Cloud DC Networking and Connectivity Services, you will be the technical owner for the products and the solutions for delivering the fully automated Cloud Data Center Architectures built on the principles of Software Defined Networking that is going to power the next gen 5G use cases for residential and enterprise customers.
- Create new solution architectures, blue-prints, best practices and validated designs.
- Interface with end customers, sales team and other product managers to understand the customer’s Cloud Networking & Connectivity requirements and work with the Product Owners, Product Managers and Software Dev. Leads to feedback these requirements/use cases into Rakuten Products and Use cases.
- Build Hands-on solutions to develop labs as well as demonstrate key technologies.
- Work with the Delivery Leads and other system architects across domains in coming up with the end-end architecture.
- Work with the vendors and go-to-market partners for the evaluation of the new products - solutions and also to improve upon the existing solutions.
What you'll need to succeed in this role:
- Minimum 5 years of experiences as a Solutions Architect/ Consultant. Extensive customer and field facing experience or having worked in real world production environment is highly desirable for this role.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working on above solutions from Vendors such as Cisco (ACI), Arista, Juniper Networks, F5 Networks (BIG-IP, NGINX), NetScaler, Palo Alto Networks, Checkpoint, Fortinet etc.
- Solid understanding of Cloud Data Center architectures including the routing connectivity L2/L3 design. Solid knowledge preferred in the following areas: Ethernet, IP & IPv6 routing protocols (BGP, ISIS, OSPF, PIM, IGMP; etc.), Overlay Protocols such as EVPN, L3VPN etc.
- Experience designing and working with the network services i.e. load balancers & proxies, Data Center security like IPS, WAF etc.
- Familiarity with Network Design related artifacts such as Architecture, HLD, LLD etc.
- Knowledge of Network Automation & Techniques.
- Experience working with SDN (Software Defined Networking) Controllers, Data Center & Telco Network Orchestration. Experience working with products and solutions such as include Opendaylight, ONAP etc.
- Strong analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Capability to work with minimum supervision.
- Proven problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to present in front of internal and external audiences (large and small) with ease.
- Virtualization and Cloud Native architectures and technologies such as Openstack, VMWare, Kubernetes, OpenShift etc.
- Network virtualization and Container networking solutions such as Calico, VMWare NSX, Weave, Juniper Tungsten Fabric, Nuage, Cilium etc.
- Experience in working with opensource networking solution stacks and products. Examples include NGINX, HAPROXY, Traffik, MetalLB,
- Good understanding of 5G architecture and 5G cloud infrastructure requirements.
- Server network acceleration techniques such as SRIOV, DPDK etc.
Rakuten is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Rakuten Mobile Singapore does not accept candidate referrals or resumes/ CVs from recruitment agencies. Rakuten Mobile Singapore will not accept any claim for payment for unsolicited referrals or resumes/ CVs.