You will work on fulfilling Rakuten’s vision of world’s first fully virtualized telecom cloud, with homegrown products developed by our world-class engineering team and also using solutions/products from leading vendor partners in this domain. You will have the opportunity to take the product from start to end, define roadmaps, executing Rakuten’s vision. As a product owner you will be responsible to understand end-customer business cases & requirements and thereafter drive the roadmap & development of cloud connectivity services ( virtualized networking) features on Rakuten Cloud Platform.
- As a Product Owner for Cloud DC Networking and Connectivity Services, you will be driving the products and the solutions for delivering the fully automated Cloud Data Center Architectures built on the principles of Software Defined Networking that is going to power the next gen 5G use cases for residential and enterprise customers.
- Responsible for driving the product strategy, roadmap, positioning across the portfolio.
- Interface with end customers, sales team and other product managers to understand the customer’s Cloud Networking & Connectivity requirements, help define the business case and work with the product teams in maximizing the value of the product by creating and managing the product backlog and prioritizing the features across releases.
- Work with the Product Architects and product managers during the POC, MVP development phase and present the solutions to the central architecture group including leadership teams.
- Work with external vendors and partners to evaluate their new products/offerings to synergize with the RCP and overall solution to end customers.
- Monitor the evolving market trends in the area of cloud connectivity and keep a close tab on competitive solutions and come up with a strategy and plan for RCP to keep up with these market trends.
- Define, measure, and monitor key performance indicators and success metrics. Track trends and impact internal and external factor on these KPI’s. Identify and recommend any updates required.
- Work with the product architects and the product managers to create training and marketing contents for the go to market teams.
What you will need to succeed in this role:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/ Engineering.
- 8-10+ years of experience as a Product Owner/Product Manager/ Solutions Architect. Extensive customer and field facing experience is highly desirable for this role.
- Experience in architecting end-end cloud data Center connectivity solutions that covers Data Center architectures such as ACI, BGP-EVPN-VXLAN or similar architecture-based Fabric overlays to provide massively scalable fabric for telco cloud use cases and applications.
- Experience in the design and architecture of Mobile Backhaul for modern 5G based Telco Cloud Use cases using protocols and techniques such as ISIS, BGP, SR-MPLS, SRv6 etc.
- Understanding of requirement for slicing & slicing use cases in 5G and knowledge of designing a slicing architecture in transport network using BGP-VPNs, QOS & Segment routing.
- Experience working with a WAN SDN Controller like ODL, Juniper NorthStar, Nuage etc.
- Experience with working on network automation or network as a code. Experience with automation tools such as REST, Netconf, Ansible, Terraform and their applicability with network automation is a big plus.
- Proven leadership ability and ability to work with leadership at all levels.
- Strong analytic reasoning skills and the ability to communicate with ease both internally within the company as well as externally with customers/partners.
- Proven problem-solving abilities and abilities to work with minimum supervision.
- Understanding of virtualization and Cloud Native architectures and technologies such as Openstack, VMWare, Kubernetes, OpenShift etc.
- Experience working with products and solutions such as include Opendaylight, ETSI OSM, ONAP etc.
- Experience working on Service Mesh, API Gateway and Ingress
- Good understanding of 5G architecture and 5G cloud infrastructure requirements.
- Server network acceleration techniques such as SRIOV, DPDK etc.
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum process models.
- CCIE/ JNCIE/ Openstack/CKA/CKAD or similar certifications.